Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503773 views.
Midkid5

6/4/21

It really does shine hanging.  Glad you hung it where you could enjoy it, there's always time to hang it somewhere else for others to enjoy.

Jo

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/5/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

quilt is up on the wall in front of my machine where I can enjoy it. 

Good place for it for now.  With all the work in it, you should enjoy it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/5/21

Finally finished the first of 3 memory quilts for my brother's 3 children.  My niece requested red and grey for the quilt.

My brother played hockey until concussions and his knees said "no more".   He also supported his daughter's soccer team.  The college t-shirts represent a family joke they had.

Now for the next one for my nephew, I'd like to find some fabric that has movie cameras.  that will be a search.

Great job.  I like the pieces blocks. They had some movie camera fabric at cabbage rise but given next week is their last in business I am guessing it is gone now. 

bornblesse2

6/5/21

Cathy, that looks really good!

I don’t have any fabric with movie cameras, but I have a pattern that looks like photo films.....like a roll of negatives.  I have always wanted to do it, but haven’t.

That is a great looking t-shirt quilt. I love all your extra details and the colors she chose really look nice.

Midkid5

6/5/21

T shirt quilts are such a treasure once done but digging up that treasure can be a real challenge.  You had the right shovel cause your quilt is a true treasure.

Jo

latterberry

6/6/21

Love your t-shirt quilt!  What treasures they will be to his kids.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

6/6/21

bornblesse2 said:

I have a pattern that looks like photo films

I may have to go that route but am going to search first.  If you know where your pattern is, please put it in the pile for retreat.