Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 406447 views.

It looks really nice. Hopefully you have enough of your fabric to make it work.

On a side not I think you really need to stop with the term "forever project" as that implies years not months in progress :)

Judy your quilt looks awesome!

bornblesse2

Jun-18

Judy, that is looking really cool!  I love it.

bornblesse2

Jun-18

Last week a few us went up north on retreat.  We were really on a finish it up roll of projects!  I started the binding on this bed runner, and finished hand sewing it upon returning home.  This was cut on my Accuquilt, and my quilter and I were so pleased with how easily it went together, but the blocks and borders are just perfect!  

I finished up a tshirt quilt for my sister.  But also stitched a few Dear Jane tiny blocks that have been neglected lately.

sueinIL

Jun-18

That's really pretty, Judy!  It looks like a flame.  I didn't know the blocks are 17"; that adds up quickly.

Thanks for sharing!

Sue in IL

viola (sissly4)

Jun-18

It look vary nice.Did you sew them little narrow strips on paper?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-18

Judy, that looks simply wonderful!

judyinohio

Jun-18

Sue, the blocks are 10" squares.

judyinohio

Jun-18

Yes, Viola, I am using the paper foundations I bought years ago from Missouri Star Quilt Co.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/120779/missouri-star-quilt-co/-/missouri-star-10-paper-piecing-squares

The thing about this batch of papers, though, is that the pattern printed on them is just the slightest bit whopperjawed, not true to the diagonal. I have to draw the diagonal line a quarter inch up from the points of the paper to line up my first fabrics for stitching. But I love the quality of the paper ... better than gift wrap tissue paper that I used to cut up into squares.

(I know, there are people like Pirate who absolutely HATE tearing off paper foundations but if you use a fine needle to make fine stitches and the right paper it is lots of fun zipping those papers off. Very zen-like therapy.)

judyinohio

Jun-18

Thank you, ma'am.

The work I am doing now is making a very small dent in my collection (since 1993) of reds and neutrals. 

DD will still have a lot to inherit.