Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 478388 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-12

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

so far I've only broken one straw needle

Oy vey!   Those needles are SO slim.  I know that I've bent more than a few in my time but I don't think I've ever broken one.   Hand sewing through batiks is .... challenging. 

It's going to be gorgeous when you're done!

bornblesse2

Jul-13

I’ve been working away on Dear Jane blocks…some of these have so many pieces for a 5” unfinished block!

I have 10 blocks in a notebook by my relaxing chair to keep working on the applique. I find I can only work for short periods of time on these as hanging onto the small blocks cramps my fingers….sigh.  So, I try to do a bit each day, even if it is only one piece.

here are my finished blocks ready to go in my done notebooks!

im going to try to keep getting blocks done while my mojo is with me.  Maybe I can try to put rows together at my October retreat?  That is my potential goal!

judyinohio

Jul-13

Those tiny blocks look magnificent.

Way beyond my pay grade (as Marje in East Texas used to say). 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-13

Those are looking amazing, Ellen!  Nicely done!

I started cutting fabrics for a new I spy, pattern is called rick rac from MSQC.  I am piecing it a little differently to use a 4x6 piece in the center so the novelties show better with fewer seams. But I think the pattern is very interesting. There is a video of course. 

here's a picture -

Your new batch of Dear Jane blocks look really nice. I just love the pointy ones

bornblesse2

Jul-14

It’s a whole lot of work and pieces!  But, I am now motivated get rows completed.  To date, I have just randomly done blocks.  When I sat and organized again yesterday, I found I have 4 rows totally completed, several that just need a few more.  And happily, 3 sides of triangles are very near completion.  
still a lot to do, but I’m pushing to get lots done before I loose my mojo or get distracted from this project.

thanks Ami!  My brain have even begun wondering who or how I will ever get it quilted!  Many have hand quilted theirs, but that isn’t happening for me. But after all this work, it does need something …but what? 

Msg 3006.5498 deleted