Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 478778 views.

I'm using white novelties for the white side - those don't get used very often in my quilts so it was nice to pull them out.  I figured out how to cut the blocks to minimize the waste - 7.75 x 11.5 only leaves a small odd shaped piece left over.  I used freezer paper and arranged them - kind of like the kids game with blocks to make a shape.  I was able to stack the fabrics and cut 4 at a time, it went very fast.  I think it took as long to refold and put the fabrics away.  Now I need to go through and pull the colored set.    The idea I saw on FB used prints on both sides (see below) - I think as long as I focus on good contrast it will work with the novelties.  I need to use small scatter prints as much as possible so they read more like a solid.  This is going to be one of those I spy where I won't really know how well the pattern will work until I try it.  Using white solid would have been safer but I really wanted to use some of those white novelties I've saved.

bornblesse2

Jul-14

Now that’s and idea….but that will be later.  I just want it made into a top.

MelRN

Jul-14

That's a complicated pattern! Look forward to seeing it!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-15

You are making great progress on your Dear Jane blocks.  Keep going.  I'd love to see it going together in Oct.

One rick rack block.

several.  Trying to stick with small scatter prints that read somewhat like a TOT.

judyinohio

Jul-15

Dazzling!!  Really, really dazzling, Dee.

thanks.  If you have oranges & reds left over from your log cabin strings you could give this one a try, it would look really pretty in a collection of fiery colors

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-15

that really is a stunning block.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-15

like how it looks but construction (at least for me) looks scary hard!! 

it is pretty dramatic, isn't it.