Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 453242 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-21

Midkid5 said:

Not to mention all pockets of clothing had to be gone thru.

haha...yep...we had to do that too!

judyinohio

Jul-21

There was a time when I had high energy levels like Pirate, Dee and the other forum members and I enjoy seeing their awesome output. Brings back memories of my "good old days" when I could spend hours a day being productive with needle time.

Can't begrudge them their fun, Cathy ...  they are "gathering their rosebuds while ye may" time.

NanaSuz

Jul-22

Judy, your quilt is lovely. So colorful.

I want to thank you for getting me introduced to Donna Jordan. Her new video this morning using Kaffe fabric is so bright and inspiring. I love the  tip of taping the template to your ruler. Never thought of doing that. I am awaiting my first purchase from her store. I found some fabric with cell phones that will make a darling quilt for a teen at the homeless shelter here in town.

Thanks again for "enabling"

Nana Suz

judyinohio

Jul-22

Thank  you for your kind words about my "Beads" quilt. I liked making it and it tickled me how my DD pounced on it for herself. (After watching me make so many quilts over the decades she's become quite picky over the ones she will claim for herself.)

I don't watch Donna Jordan all that often because I can't work as fast as she does and so I get a little bit depressed if I watch her too often. (Yes, they speed up the camera as she is sewing but she's just such a whiz at the machine that it overwhelms me after a while .... )

NanaSuz

Jul-22

Judy, good to hear from you.

I enjoy watching her for "inspiration". All of these professional quilters make me feel self conscious too. But I guess that's why they are the pros and not me.

There's a wonderful quote from the Missouri Star quilting lady that I love "Better to be finished than Perfect."  I like it so much that I'm turning it into embroidery for my sewing room.

Enjoy our beautiful Ohio weather today.

NanaSuz

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-24

judyinohio said:

Can't begrudge them their fun, Cathy

Don't begrudge them a thing.  I admire them and wish I had their energy and skills.  Guess the word is envy.

this makes 5 tops in the closet.  Time to start thinking of quilting them.  But deciding on borders isn't any fun. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-27

this one says it needs prairie points for the binding...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-27

I completely agree.  In scrappy colors.

Midkid5

Jul-27

I have finished redoing this quilt, binding was put on this weekend.  I ended up doing big stitch hand quilting in the blocks (first time experience), machine quilted straight lines in the sashing, the new backing is a stripe, the same colors as the original backing.  It was a much loved quilt, it's not anything special but I love how it turned out.
Will try to post an updated picture later when I can get on my computer.
Jo