Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 474949 views.

I think there is so much going on that you do not need a fancy border. It turned out great. 

Waiting to get back to my quilting someday..............just got back to New Mexico for another round of working on the house. At this point I am just gonna slog thru till it is finished or we do not meet the planned deadline to list.

Sounds cool. Looking forward to the photos

Suze (casuzenn) said:

this one says it needs prairie points for the binding..

ssshhhh!  Nope. grin

MelRN

Jul-27

Just 5? LOL!!! I have >1 bin!

I quilted and bound a dozen 6 months ago, so this is just what I have done in the last 6 months

latterberry

Jul-28

Wow!  That turned out absolutely stunning!  I love it!  What is the name of the pattern again?  I'm too lazy to go back and look.  

latterberry

Jul-28

I decided to put myself on a piecing diet.  I haven't counted, but there( were way too many tops stacking up so I went on a quilting marathon.  I got 12 done ( baby/kid/nap) size.  They are trimmed and the binding is made.  Now to go on a binding marathon.  No plans for them - just for donation, but it is nice to see a "done" pile.

judyinohio

Jul-28

You created those while I am still plodding along with the red and neutral strips project (plus the sixteen-patch leader and ender project) which both seem like Eternity* projects.

(*That's a category beyond Pirate's Forever projects that I just invented. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes)

Rick Rack.  Here is how I pieced mine to minimize seams.  In their video MSQC has you cut strips.   The trickiest part is keeping the triangles going the correct direction.  I ended up piecing one, then laying out the pieces on top of that one to help me orient them correctly, sewing the top section, then the bottom, then the narrow strip of white/hst/dark in between them.

I spent several hours last night watching embroidery videos at needlenthread.com.  Very relaxing.  And now I'm excited to start adding embellishment to my Christmas applique.