Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 451024 views.
latterberry

Aug-1

You certainly did have a productive day!  Congratulations on getting so much accomplished.  If you have sentimental feelings for your placemats, could you fold one in half, stitch the sides, and make a hot pad out of it.?  Or somehow put them together to make a cover for your Featherweight?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-1

Lynne, those are excellent suggestions!  I'll look at the placemats with a different eye.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-1

and TA DA!   One charity quilt finished!

I don't remember off-hand when I pieced this top.  It's probably documented someplace but I'm too lazy right now to look it up.  Just assume it was pieced a Good Time Ago.  :-)   I used my scrap stash and didn't diminish it one little bit.   Each little block is a Drunkard's Path, more or less.

One of the pieces of fleece in the large crate was plain brown.  The size of the fleece and the size of the top were compatible so BINGO ... the brown fleece goes with that top.

I used the pantograph, Chantilly Lace.   On the photo of the backing, you can see so clearly what a beautiful design this makes.  It's not terribly visible on the front, but that's OK with me.  The finished size is 39"x43"

Looks great..............good progress on your stack of UFO's

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-1

That frame looks very useful.  What a great idea!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-1

A very productive day indeed!  Those kind of days always make me feel good.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-1

Wow, Ami, you are making progress.  You will make your house so lovely that you won't want to move out.wink

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-1

Cathy (cacnurse1) said, in reference to all the home improvement stuff that Ami has been doing:

You will make your house so lovely that you won't want to move out

That certainly was my first thought!

Well either way we are getting so much done that if we don't sell it will be really nice. I am still focusing on getting rid of stuff in either case.