Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 451963 views.

yeah, he wasn't very friendly either.  Not rude exactly, but not friendly.

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-3

the current project I am working on ( and have been working on for several years!) I used the Appliquick glue in class and switched to regular glue sticks when I got home.. I can tell the difference in which flowers/fruits are done with which glue.

I love the Appliquick tools too! I even got the fancy box from Kathy McNeil for Christmas last year that has foam cutouts for all of the tools..

Suze (casuzenn) said:

Appliquick

hmm, watched her video.  I had forgotten they used glue instead of starch and an iron.  I may try that on the next block.  I had used starch in a water color brush/pen and then used the tools to turn while I ironed with my small iron.  then dots of glue to attach to the background.  ON some I had used glue on the corners, which was a mistake.  

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-3

Dee, I DID make it to the post office today, so expect a 9x12 white envelope soon.

GOOD for you for buying the mandala patterns!  I've watched her do them on her blog. but I know I'm not that painstaking.  They look like they'd fit right in your precision oriented mind though.

Sorry to learn your applique project isn't cooperating.  I don't do much applique, and what I do isn't nearly as painstaking (there's that word again) as what you, Pirate, and Ami accomplish.

I'm happy that we're all different!

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-3

Dee, I hear you chuckling maniacally!  And it's not wrong for you to be BOTH a quilter and an embroiderer!

Before I succumbed to a needle allergy (whether to sewing machine needles or hand stitching needles), I would "work" at my sewing machine in the afternoons and do hand work in the evenings.  And I still managed to get things done.

Cris in MT

Midkid5

Aug-5

Dee love your applique, candy canes look good enough to eat.  Going to be very festive when done.

Jo

Midkid5

Aug-5

I finished this quilt up last week, its about 40x46 with cotton velour for backing.  This quilt has been a UFO for over ten years.  Being it was full of teddy bears I added two more one on each end in the solid pink.

I believe it is Pirate who has given the tip of pinning a note with the size of the finished quilt top to it, I would like to add to that suggestion by recommending  the date the top was finished be included also.  That way if its not documented any where else you have a reference point.

Looking for something you know you have, stop looking.  Start looking for something else, you'll find the original something you where looking for.  But do you remember why you where looking for  that original item?   Yes, now I can finally finish DGD top.

Jo

thanks Jo.  

I'm having fun playing with the applique patterns.  Between these blocks and the table topper it's been Christmas in July around here.  

I started on the embroidery embellishment last night.  Pretty pleased with how the pine branch is coming out.  But I had forgotten how quickly the floss gets used - and I'm trying not to put knots on the back.  But I'm having to use two or three length on each branch. At this rate I'm definitely going to have to go shopping for more green floss.  Almost every block either has pine branches or a vine.  Plus the leaves have veins.  Yup, going to need more greens.  1st fabric and now floss.  Oh well, guess I'll HAVE to go to JoAnns.  haha

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-6

tuckyquilter said:

I also glue bindings after I sew it on the quilt. 

I've done that.  It is time consuming but does work well.