Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 507274 views.

Wow love your string projects!

judyinohio

Aug-13

Those are beautiful blocks!!

latterberry

Aug-14

You did a beautiful j on your string blocks and, although I like both, I do favor the bottom one.  No reason--just like it better.  I'm impressed you had such a small pile of leftover strings.  Mine tend to multiply.

Midkid5

Aug-14

Thanks you, I have found that when I make the large 12.5inch blocks the strings don’t seem to multiply, probably cause at times I have to sew pieces together to have a strip long enough.

Jo

Mishii

Aug-14

Today I’m doing binding, binding, and more binding. Pita has been a good student with the quilt computer and is cranking through my stack of tops whilst he practices. People have asked me how I like my new machine and the answer has to be, “I don’t know. I haven’t gotten to use it yet. “

MelRN

Aug-14

Gorgeous work!! I think I like the diamonds better layout wise.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Aug-14

I really like that, but of course I would -- it's blue!

I'm always been fond of the barn raising setting for log cabin blocks.  Your "circle" setting reminded me that I have a 3" log cabin project (in shades of blue) in the works that I haven't pulled out in a while.  A friend challenged me to make it big enough to fit the top of a queen sized bed.  I'm a ways from that ...

Anyway, I really like YOUR blue log cabins!

Cris in MT

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-14

I guess I missed what Pita is doing with quilts and computers?

judyinohio

Aug-14

Long ago, in the days when we were the About forum (before we became Delphi) there was a couple named Bunny and Joe Filer who had a similar arrangement.  Bunny made the tops and Joe did the quilting.

I don't know which of them did the binding.

For some reason they could not make the transition to Delphi.

Mishii

Aug-14

I bought a new machine. He wanted to add quilt path. I agreed as long as I never had to do it. I’m not fond of actually doing pantos computer or not. I prefer doing custom work and graffiti style stuff. 
So he has spent the last couple of weeks learning the computer and practicing. 

I told him my tops are the best practice pieces ever since you will encounter ALL the problems.  I got home from work one day and he said, “Hey, that one I did today was great. It was square and flat and no open seams. See? You can do good stuff!”  I went and looked at the quilt and had to tell him….yeah, that was Ellen’s. 

I was more amused than him. In my defense, these tops of mine are several years old. I have gotten a *little* better.