Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 507313 views.
MelRN

Oct-2

I've done this on some. This, I ripped and ironed to make sure it was straight of grain. I'm finding it's just not so good of fabric. Maybe I'll use it as foundation...LOL!!! 

Mishii

Oct-4

I’m working on a red and white pineapple quilt. I always over press everything because I like that part. I also mist everything while pressing because I like that part too. I have one ugly red fabric that I almost didn’t use…. Because it’s ugly. I’ve had it forever. Of course it is bleeding everywhere. Ugh

This isn’t a special quilt. Just doing it to do it. Decided I’ll finish getting the top together and then try the dawn in the bathtub thing to take care of the bleeding.  No idea where this fabric came from, but I’m happy I don’t have any more of it. 

Congratulations on using all if the ugly red fabric! Follow the dawn treatment to the letter......I have saved more than one quilt with it.

Pineapple design is not a quick easy pattern. I would love to see a photo.

Mishii

Oct-5

I’m going to use majestic mountain blocks for the border. I actually ran out of red!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-5

WOW!  That is *impressive*!

MelRN

Oct-5

WOW!!! That's lovely!

Midkid5

Oct-5

Lovely!!! Do hope dawn treatment works for you, I have had good result using it.

Jo

judyinohio

Oct-5

Drop dead gorgeous!  Your border idea is wonderful as well.

This quilt will be a monumental achievement and I congratulate you for hanging in there with all of the bajillions of pieces of reds and whites.

Mishii

Oct-5

Thanks all!  This one was easy because I used my AccuQuilt. The last one I did that I cut myself I named “Falling off the Pineapple Truck”. They were a bit squished.   Next up is a double wedding ring!