Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 604156 views.

Nice quilt. It kinda reminds me of taffy candy wrapped in the little wax paper squares that are twisted on both ends.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

10/8/21

thanks.  I've been calling it the candy quilt.  It's just a snowball block (on opposing corners) and a HST.  super easy.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/8/21

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

So glad to have another very large top (96" square) out of the finished tops box!!!!

Oh, absolutely!  That must have taken up a HUGE amount of space in your box.  Now you have a great big hole ... testifying to an accomplishment!  woo hoo!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/8/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

It's just a snowball block (on opposing corners) and a HST. 

Ah, the close-up shows the details.   From the distance shot, those big block did kinda look like rounded corners.   I can certainly see that this would be an easy block to piece .. as long as you worked out the HST fabrics ahead of time!

latterberry

10/8/21

How Cute!  Looks like assorted candies.  Just what I need--another inspiration

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

10/8/21

latterberry said:

Just what I need--another inspiration

just trying to be helpful - grin ;-)

viola (sissly4)

10/9/21

That is vary pretty.I think if  I would make it I would  just the the 2/12 sq instead the half HST.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/9/21

But if you used a 2.5" square instead of 2 HST, then you wouldn't get the candy twist effect.

viola (sissly4)

10/9/21

Shelly I didn't think about that but I guess you're right so I will make it and used to have square triangles

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

10/9/21

Viola, if you went ahead and used the 2.5" square, you would be creating your own pattern!