Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 499805 views.
judyinohio

Oct-14

Thank you, Suze.  I just cannot seem to stay away from the sewing machine. LOL

judyinohio

Oct-14

I agree ... it's the lure of the color wheel that keeps me stitching away at my beloved old Cecil Faye.

latterberry

Oct-15

Your Skittles peacock is looking amazing!  How many blades will you have done?

judyinohio

Oct-15

I like your name for this project ... much cuter than Dresden Rainbow.

There are a total of one hundred seventy blades.

Thank goodness I had the "smarts" to start with the forty-three red ones first and save the twelve purple ones for last ...  those purples will be a piece of cake to stitch together.

that is coming together very nicely.  Working with quality fabrics sure is enjoyable, especially with small pieces.

I've been sewing on the kits I put together a few weeks ago.  Kind of avoiding starting the embroidery phase of the garland on the applique Christmas quilt. I'm  not excited about doing more pine branches, but it has to be done eventually. 

In the meantime I stitched this one, another Kim Brackett design.  They sure do go together quickly when everything is already cut out.  Initially I didn't have sashing but it just felt kind of "eh".  The dark sashing and fun rainbow border is exactly what it needed.  This block is SUPER simple too.  It is just a 4x4 square with 2 corners sewn snowball style, a 2x4 contrast strip and a 2x6 white strip.   Put 4 together and that's the block.  Another one for the "to be quilted" stack.

I finally got around to cutting out my test block for the double wedding ring king sized quilt for my cousin that got married last July. These fabrics were pulled out of the scrap bin. I purchased all new fabrics for the real quilt. Think blues and greens in bottle glass colors on the beach and a light sand beige background all batiks. I hope to sew this up on Monday. I found the template and video to make it on Donna Jordan's website.