Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 506972 views.

here is a block.

a two patch sewn to a 2x4 snowball, then that sewn to a 4x4.  Then sew a 2x8 strip with a snowball corner to that.  Then a string of 2x2 squares.  Watching the placement was a little complicated.  I did have to resew a few of the 2x2's because I got them in the wrong order.  Once all the blocks are done, just flip every other one.  Oh, and making sure you sew the snowball corner the same on every strip (short & long) so that the clipped corner is always the same.  Actually it was easier that some others I've done where it had ot alternate.

Mishii

Oct-17

That is amazing!  The end is in sight. So exciting!

latterberry

Oct-18

Oh WOW!  I really like that one.  You have been sewing up a storm lately.  I did save this one to pintrest.  I've made quite a few quilts inspired by you.

thanks Lynne.  Not sure what I'm avoiding.  These are like eating potato chips, addictive.  I'm adding the border to another one this morning.  That will make 6 hanging in the closet.

and one more.  for some reason it makes me think of Pez candy.  I now have 7 quilt tops ready to be quilted.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-19

*very* nice, Dee!   

That could also be a signature quilt ... with all the names inside the Pez candies. :-)

viola (sissly4)

Oct-19

I like this one.It the way you lay them.

latterberry

Oct-19

Wow! Another beauty!!  Love it!!How many more do you plan to piece before you start quilting them?

judyinohio

Oct-19

Speaking of quilting .....  LOL

I'm going very slowly on this small wallhanging. Make eleven stitches, stop, pivot, make eleven stitches, stop, pivot.

Repeat. 

Repeat.

Repeat some more.

Stop.

Change color of thread.

Continue with making eleven stitches, stop, pivot ....

Designer's instructions were very strict about starting quilting with purple row at the bottom and working up from the bottom (double underlining under that row of instructions). Thus I have obediently followed her orders and done purple, blue and green rows and am now starting to work on the yellow one.

Of course I pricked my finger on a pin and got a speck of blood on a yellow fabric. Of course, I spit on the speck of blood and "erased" it with my saliva. And now I am calling it a day.

One blood drop per day is my new motto.  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye