Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 531533 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-3

Ah, these 4-unit hexies are for my color blocked smoothed hexies.  I just put them wherever they look "best".

Here's a picture of the orange portion.

I've been practicing some of the new edge to edge designs.  I've finally figured out the trick of quilting right to left (ballpoint needle, different thread, looser tension on the quilt) - I feel silly it took me this long (7 years?).  I am having fun learning new patterns and the class I'm taking has only just started.  I also realized the red thread I bought for DD's red&white quilt will work just fine on I spy quilts - duh!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-3

Many of us who attend the retreat also post outside that thread.  The rest of you are not forgotten and we still like to see/hear what you are working on and your thoughts.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-3

Glad you brought the hexies.  I was just thinking that you were going to run out of hand work for the trip.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-3

Can't really see you quilting in the dark areas.  I'm sure it is as nice as the rest.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-3

Thought of you today.  I saw a tile wall that reminded me of your hexie projects.  I'll send it to you probably by text as I took it with my phone.

Mishii

Nov-3

There are only 7 posts in the retreat thread so your ignore button is getting a rest this year

Thanks! It is really hard to photograph so you can see the quilting. It shows up much better in person. If you were in the 3" nine patch swaps some years back some of your blocks may be in the quilt.

I am happy to report I finished the hand sewing on the binding for the queen sized quilt from the boxed squares swap some years back. Now it just needs a label. I am on a mission to finish as many UFO's as I can.