Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 608585 views.
tuckyquilter

11/15/21

Also working on a Miss Rosie's Cupcake Recipe #1 in Batiks and Black background.  Have blocks already finished for another with Batiks and White background.  The other is just a HST quilt that needs a small border, probably out of the darker fabric.  The colorful one might end up on my young neighbors sofa and the muted brown will go to the church group where I put it together.  The Friday Nite UFO group, once a month. We set up on Fri and sew until avout 11 pm. Come back on Saturday and sew all day.  Some of the husbands do the pickup of our lunch and bring it to us.  Great set up and tons of space in the room we work in.  Slowlly but surely my UFO's are getting done and gone. 

tuckyquilter

11/15/21

I've been doing UFO's for 3 yrs now..   I was shocked when I took an inventory of what I had. That was in late 2017.  In 2018 I started pulling them out- one by one and finishing them.  And here it is 2021 and I'm STILL clearing them out.   I tell folks to never let one lay about for more than 6 months.  That is my new motto.  I have also promised myself that I will NEVER let my projects get so out of hand again.   Pray for me... LOL

tuckyquilter

11/15/21

Block looks great.  I say, make blocks the easiest way possible, for what suits your style best.  EASY is my middle name.

MelRN

11/15/21

You just flat out amaze me!!

Mishii

11/15/21

Thank you. It actually was really fast because I cheat and use an AccuQuilt. Yay cheating!  I double cheated and had Pita quilt it. I’m on fire!

judyinohio

11/15/21

I believe that the end justifies the means.   (Or some profound statement like that.)

Gadgets and Pitas are put on earth for a good reason ....

And.......she is off and running. First block looks great!

Love the one with the dark background. 

MelRN

11/15/21

GORGEOUS!!!

judyinohio

11/15/21

No, not running, Ami.

I was like a small kid in first grade, tongue sticking out between my lips in earnest concentration trying my darnedest to focus on getting the dratted quarter inch seam absolutely perfect with my acrylic Little Foot which I finally found after a long search.

I'm ready to go back to string quilting ....

No, I absolutely will not.