Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 607426 views.
judyinohio

Dec-15

You had me talking to myself as I was reading your text under the second photo. I was muttering "How did she do that one?" and then I continued the conversation as I figured it out .... wink

Love how your adventurous mind takes you down all these different paths.

judyinohio

Dec-15

Yes, Lynne, I am keeping a three-ring notebook with printed pages of directions from Quilter's Cache plus lined notebook pages with my handwritten notes on my "logic" behind my choice of fabrics, etc.

I did not fly on my broomstick in the middle of the night and snatch those fabrics from your basement in Illinois. smirk

judyinohio

Dec-15

I think you are having a whole lot of fun making this baby quilt for a special person's new granddaughter.  It's really, really cute.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-15

yikes...making either one of those would make my brain hurt! Like both of them though.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-15

ooh... that looks like a fun quilt!

Both really fun quilts! I spent most of my day frustrated with my Gammill.  I was doing ruler work yesterday and the ruler slipped and broke a needle and things went South. Today DBIL who has a ton of industrial sewing machines trimmed it three times. Things got a bit better but the thread kept breaking. Then we adjusted the hopping foot and I was able to sew a good part of something till I ran out of bobbin thread. 

Cute kitty quilt. Perfect for a new baby!

I've been making these little (5") rainbow stars from waste triangles and my scraps. The triangles are all sorted by color into baggies and I've been doing them as leader/enders.  I'm getting enough to get some idea of how they will look.  The original quilt had strings between.  I don't have strings but might do some kind of log cabin.  Not sure but kind of fun in the meantime.

I also decided to make some blocks from my Christmas fabric.  I saw a quilt at a Christmas party last week and decided to give it a try.  The original quilt was on point with solid white in between (quilting opportunity), but I've since seen a version that had 9 patches & sashing between.  I'm not sure which I like better, but no rush.  The blocks go together pretty quickly, I'll decide once I get a bunch made.  I have a moderate collection of Christmas fabrics sitting in my stash and each block takes less than a FQ.

judyinohio

Dec-16

Your second photo shows snowflakes made of Christmas fabrics!  How clever!

And the rainbow stars are also delightful.

I like being dazzled so early in the morning. blush