Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 607167 views.

Love the seed spitting contests. I grew up on a lake and we would fill our mouths with water and see who could spit it the furthest. 

no spitting, but I did have a swing set built by my engineer grandfather - very tall, welded steel post, set in concrete.  the swing chains were long enough I could pull it over to the side just a bit and jump off the back porch.  Then swing as high as we dared and jump off into the grass.  The swinging version of the long jump.  Thinking about it now makes my feet hurt.  as a lone child in a neighborhood of grandmas, I spent a lot of time on that swing.  Wonder how far I was jumping.  At the time I thought it was pretty far.

Judy I have done the hot dawn soak more than once and saved more than one project. It may take patience and a repeat or two but keep at it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-31

judyinohio said:

I hope to put a narrow border on it and then keep it to 8" x 10" finished size. 

That should not look too big as compared to your other blocks.  Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-31

Glad you are starting to feel better.  That long nap did you some good. Hope you didn't share it with DH.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-31

Another fun story and block for your quilt!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-31

That turquoise is perfect!  Good memories of your project that benefitted not only the children receiving the "blankets" but also the men in the prison.  They were able to contribute to society in a positive way.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-31

fascinating!!  and you got paid for creating them! 

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-31

sounds like one of the wonders of the quilting world...but kind of overwhelming!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-31

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Hope you didn't share it with DH.

You remember our little travel trailer?  I've been using that as an infirmary!  That's been my quarentine room since Tuesday.  Sadly, Mr. Pirate has come down with a sniffly nose ... BUT .. so far that's the only symptom.  I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't develope further.