Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 609130 views.

what an amazing accomplishment!  Any thoughts on quilting?  This one really should be in a show, my dear!

judyinohio

Jan-22

I'm dazzled speechless!  astonished

bornblesse2

Jan-22

It looks great!  Love the piano key border!  Did you end up handsewing the piano keys?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-22

Partially.  I marked at the short end where the hexie needed to stop.  I machine sewed the long straight seam up to that mark.  This gave me a set of piano keys with an opening on one end.  In that open seam, I wrapped the fabric around the hexies so I could hand sew them to the contrast border hexies. 

There are a few misplaced fabrics but that's  OK.  I think I'm happy with the final result even though the execution didn't turn out what the vision was.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-22

A show??? Honestly,  there's nothing special about this top.  No, wait... I'll admit that *is* exceptionally flat and square!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-23

wow...

really like how it turned out.

And the backside is very interesting! Have you pulled the papers out yet? 

Agree it should be in a show. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jan-23

Suze (casuzenn) said:

And the backside is very interesting! Have you pulled the papers out yet? 

Yup, all the papers are out.  I regularly remove the papers once a hexie has been completely surrounded.  This allows me to re-use the template AND easier handling of the top.

latterberry

Jan-23

How nice that you have sewing groups to help you baste.  There are no sewing groups anywhere near me  so I muddle through on my own.  I have a big kitchen table I use because there is no way I can get down on the floor and crawl around!  I like your set up with the pvc pipes to raise your table.  I'm only 5 ' so I have no problems with having to lean over too much.  

latterberry

Jan-23

Wow! There are just no words--so incredible!  Once quilted, what are your plans for this beauty?  I can send you my address if you need it.