Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 675888 views.
5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jun-25

Beautiful!  It takes my breath away!

Is it possible to "pop the knot" of the little tacking stitches as you would in hand quilting?

that's a good idea, but I ended up able to hide the knots under the little scallops as I went around.  the only one I couldn't hide was the last one, so I just did a small tack on the back.  I approached this similar to applique, except I only did 3 stitches on each, I didn't want to stitch them completely down, just enough to keep them folded open.  Some were fine but many of them were folded over.  So much happier with the result.  I finished it up on a short road trip today.  All done, including the hanging sleeve for the show.  

before

After

looking great Shelley.  and great solution to take the design wall with you.  You definitely don't want to unstitch hand stitching.

latterberry

Jun-26

That is beyond wow!.  Your forever projects sure don't last very long.

latterberry

Jun-26

Your border is wonderful.  I can see why you would be pleased to have taken the extra time to "flatten" the scallops.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-26

latterberry said:

Your forever projects sure don't last very long.

heh ... that's cuz I keep working on them. 

I sure wish I had the same attitude towards housework!  LOL!  Now *THERE'S* a massive Forever Project!  

Looks much nicer. Now you can enjoy it every time you look at it.

Thanks.  I just knew I'd be messing with them every time I walked by otherwise. Applique is a very handy tool to have.  If you can't press it into submission you can always stitch it down - definitely won't move then.! ha

NanaSuz

Jun-27

Hi Ladies,

It's been soooo long since I've been here. I had cataract surgery on both eyes this past month. Needless to say no fine detail work was done. But now that it's finished I'm anxious to start new projects. I'm also ready to get out for Quilt Shows. Judy, can you recommend any here in Ohio?

Missed this grouprelaxed

NanaSuz

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-27

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I'm rethinking this quilt show thing.  bunch of cretins. 

No appreciation for the amount of work that goes into hand applique.  Your guild is apparently the wrong audience.  Bring it to the retreat and I guarantee it will be appreciated.  Yours for sure would appraise higher.