Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 724549 views.

Your little applique project is really coming along, love the little bird.

latterberry

Jun-29

And I was the very lucky recipient of that thoughtful gift!! You could have knocked me over with a feather when the mal lady showed up with this big tube.  I am so honored to have a "Judy" quilt. And it is so much prettier in real life that the photo could ever be.  "Angel Wings" joined a few other special wall hangings on the wall in my room and I smile each time I see it.  Thanks just isn't enough.

Thank you for sharing Karen's Etsy page.  There were lots of patterns I will save to Pintrest for "one of these days."  I notice that if you make a boatload of squares, 4.5 maybe, with two snowballs on one side, you could make several of her patterns.  

If you are working on smaller quilted things now, you could make placemats.  One year  I made  many throughout the year t use up orphan block and get  some instant gratification.  I gave them to the meals on wheels folks to give their clients with their Thanksgiving dinner. They had only about 30 clients so it wasn't that bad.  Just a thought.

Again, thank you so much! I am so honored to be your friend.

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

When you and I went to the quilt shop in CO.Was the shop call the Sister quilt shop?

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

I do a lot of charity work.

We went to the Lyons Quilt Shop. Thar was a fun day. 

NanaSuz

Jun-29

Viola,

I do quilts for Lutheran World Relief and Project Linus. It is such a fulfilling way to volunteer.

Are there other places that you give your charity quilts?

I'm always on the look out for places with needs.

NanaSuz

judyinohio

Jun-29

latterberry said:

You could have knocked me over with a feather when the mail lady showed up with this big tube. I am so honored to have a "Judy" quilt. And it is so much prettier in real life

It just seemed to me that I have been reading on the forum for years that you've been running around Illinois dropping off your adorable quilts to various charities. Dozens and dozens (hundreds?) of lovingly made quilts have been taken to worthy causes for umpteen years. I think of you as an Illinois Angel of sorts and when I saw that pattern called "Cherub Wings" I said to myself "Lynne's a little bit old to be a cherub but that quilt is about my speed these days so I'll make it up for her." 

Sneaky person that I am I didn't warn Lynne that it was coming. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye I like to flabbergast people. During the phone call she made after she got the quilt she told me I flabbergasted her DH when he saw  that I attached her photo under one of the wings.

Can everyone tell that this was a fun project to make?

latterberry

Jun-29

I just delivered yesterday a bunch of nap sized quilts to a cancer center in a nearby big city.  The patients in the chemo center get so cold during treatment and they were asking for quilt donations.  Maybe you could try something like that.

SBurt

Jun-29

Just finished and ready for my granddaughter’s 4th birthday!! 

NanaSuz

Jun-29

So good to hear from you!! It's been a while.

I never thought of the cancer patients. What a great idea. I will contact the hospital and see what their policies are.

I hope things are going well for you and that the Covid has not been a problem.

Thanks again,

NanaSuz