Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 675212 views.
viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

The reason I ask was last night I zoom Powerling Sewing to make bags for the ZIEMA Girl's to put there pad's in so they can go to school all year around.The Sister's from CO send a lot of boxes full of bags. I have made 14 so far.

viola (sissly4)

Jun-29

I do Sew Powerful purse project they go to zeiman 

Child Protecting Service bags and quilts. and bags

Dress a girl around the world.

NICU LITTLE QULTS 21X21

T-Shirt dresses forgirls in Memphia TN.

DIAPER BAGS FOR UNMARRY GIRLS

Blanket bib burr pad and hat 

The last three go to Memphia TN

Prayer Shawel for a church here in Fulton KY.

bornblesse2

Jun-29

So, I have been gradually finishing up some things siting around.  My trip home for 2 family reunions was cut short because my family caught Covid.  When we got well enough to travel home, we were just sitting around not very energetic.

but, I did do some sewing every day to give myself therapy.  I finished up a mini - from a very long time ago!  The quilting was almost done.  But I quilted the borders and got it bound.  My foot give you an idea of the size!  

i also finally got the binding done on this quilt that I pattern checked for Shout 4joy quilter……I know some of you have done her mystery scrap quilts.   

i also got two more placemats finished.  These are a longtime project of English pped  dresdan plates that I have been doing.  I got 2 more done.

bornblesse2

Jun-29

I got to have a sew day with Carrie and Cathy today!  Cathy made us lunch from a recipe from Carolyn!  Yummy, yummy!

i sewed 2 charity tops from blocks given to me from the guild.  Long ago I did a disappearing pinwheel with the group.  The first top of dotted  blocks given to me after to do something with….( lol, just what I need!).   The second one are mostly blocks from my demonstration. I may add borders, but I’m not sure what I have ….

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-30

Boy, all those quilts look very nice, Ellen!   What a nice sense of accomplishment to get them finished.  :-)

NanaSuz

Jun-30

Viola, you sound very productive for charities. Could you send more information on the first two you listed? These are new to me.

I enjoy making charity projects and thinking of the people who will receive them.

Thanks for you help

NanaSuz

I love your row quilt, so cute.

how cute!  Thanks for sharing with us.  Would you mind posting close ups of the blocks?  Would love to see how they are constructed, especially the fence & wagons.

I am going to a local retreat in two weeks so I had put together 3 I spy kits to work on.  But I really wanted some "mindless" sewing last week and made one of the kits. 

So now I need to replace that kit as the other two will go together super fast - I don't want to run out of things to do.  I looked through my idea binder and didn't see anything I wanted to work.  Then I flipped through my 2 I spy scrapbooks for patterns I wanted to make again and found several.  So now I'm on a marathon cutting spree.  When I'm done I will have 9 kits - yes way too many for the retreat.  But plenty to keep me busy for a few months.  smile

SBurt

Jun-30

Thank you! I found the fence pattern on quilterscache.com and purchased the wagon pattern from an etsy seller.