Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

my Innova longarm machine delivered today!   General Discussion

Started Nov-21 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 396 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-21

At long last, my new longarm machine got delivered!   She's now set up, balanced on the frame, timed perfectly, bobbin case is set for Glide thread ... I need to see if it has to be adjusted for Bottom Line (which is my preferred bobbin thread).

I loaded a doodle cloth and have done some initial stitching.  Gosh, it's so smooth!  :-)   Naturally, it does the same things that Lizzie did, but the control are in different places and I have some new features to remember and get used to.   I'm so glad there is a user manual because I have a computer GUI control box instead of a manual one.   Yes, it was all explained to me during my training class at the shop and the dealer reacquainted me with it again today, but until I actually USE it, I'm never going to remember what does what or where things are.

Before I get too far with the stitching, I need to move ALL THE STUFF from the adjacent bedroom where EVERYTHING has been stored (oh ... the family room where the Innova lives had to have a new floor installed due to a leak in the attached bathroom, which meant that the family room needed to be completely EMPTIED .. and all that stuff went into the adjacent bedroom).   So, all the quilting stuff now stored in the bedroom needs to be moved back into the family room.  I'm sure I'm not going to remember where I specifically put everything, so it's going to be interesting figuring all that out again.

BUT ... I really won't be able to play until after Thanksgiving ... the house needs to get company-cleaned!   ugh.  :-)

judyinohio

Nov-21

This will indeed be a very, very thankful Thanksgiving!!  smile

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-21

Playing with your new Innova will keep you out of the Black Friday mess.  Bet you don't do it anyway.  More fun to stay home and sew.

bornblesse2

Nov-21

Congratulations!  I’m excited for you!

i understand the need to clean!  I’ve got some of that to do along with the cooking!  I should have done more today, but just didn’t feel like it.  I got the shopping done and some organizing.   Tomorrow will be a big day!

Wow you have amazing self control. If I were in your shoes I would have a muslin practice quilt on there right now and be playing with it!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-22

I'm so happy your new friend arrived and is ready to help you get those many tops you have DONE!  Looking forward to seeing her.  Of course I'm glad for you but I'm really glad for me too.  Is that selfish of me?!? 

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-22

It sure is for me since Shelley worked out a deal I couldn't refuse for her Tin Lizzie!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-22

For me too.  I have gotten the 22lb turkey and stuff to fix it but need to clean too.  Tomorrow will be a busy but tiring day.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-22

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Of course I'm glad for you but I'm really glad for me too.  Is that selfish of me?!? 

Everyone needs to be selfish at some point, to a certain degree.  It's good for the soul. :-)

Mishii

Nov-22

I got caught typing and got in trouble, so this will be short.  I am so  very happy for you!