Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Something For The Lazy Quilter To Try ...   General Discussion

Started Nov-21 by judyinohio; 642 views.
judyinohio

Nov-21

Learned about something new to me today and I'm considering signing up for this mystery quilt program in December.

http://www.cottoncuts.com/about-pmq

Of course, this program where they send you pre-cut pieces of yummy fabrics seems like the ultimate lazy quilter thing for a woman who has a healthy stash at home BUT I also have a newly bum shoulder to add to my bum thumb (which you have all heard about many times) and my bum wrist.  This Cotton Cuts was mentioned in the lasted issue of "Stashed" and it really sounds appealing ... like sending myself a gift every month.

Do any forum members have any experience with this particular company?  They tug at your heartstrings by telling you that they employ the disabled ...

MarciainMD

Nov-22

I'm shocked, SHOCKED!  Don't you have a sign in your sewing/polymer clay room reminding you not to do mystery quilts?  But, if it gets you back to quilting again it might be worth it.wink

judyinohio

Nov-22

Thanks, dear friend, for reminding me that I am getting old and forgetful.  confounded (I took that sign down when I needed more room for  polymer clay supplies.)

But, but, but .... this will be a PROFESSIONALLY designed and planned mystery quilt with no amateur Judy choices. 

MarciainMD

Nov-22

Well then, go for it and have fun!  And keep us posted on your progress.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Nov-22

Judy, I don't have experience with this particular company; but when I used to get monthly fabrics from Keepsake Quilting (back when they were famous for their customer service), it was like getting a gift every month.  I say treat yourself!

Cris in MT

bornblesse2

Nov-22

I haven’t done mystery quilts with an order company, but when I worked at the Bee LQS, we used to encourage our newbie quilters and working customers to give it a try!  They pro was that they did small bits each month and helped to keep from getting overwhelmed.

with these kits cut out and you can can pick you colorway, I say GO for it!  The price doesn’t seem too bad.  Some of th3 later cut stuff is really expensive, but this seems reasonable.

if you are wanting to do some sewing without overdoing , I say go for it 

In reply toRe: msg 6
judyinohio

Nov-22

I appreciate the positive feedback that I am reading here and so I will try to sign up in December.  I have my eye on two different color groupings that are very appealing to me.

It sounds like you are looking forward to this. As someone else said if it gets you excited about quilting again it will be a good thing.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Nov-22

Once you've decided, you'll share with us, right?  And share progress along the way?  We wouldn't want to miss out!

Cris in MT

judyinohio

Nov-22

Of course I will share.

Never fear that this babbling well will run dry.  wink