Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

email hacked!   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-6 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 107 views.

Someone was able to change my password.  eeck, and of course calling the number at ATT was not helpful.  So I've changed my security questions as well as my password.  But I'm freaking out, what happens if this person continues to get access to my account somehow and I lose my folders?  I've had that email for 15 years, I've got my live saved in those folders.  And by the way, watch out for bogus emails from me, friends!

latterberry

Dec-7

It's a very scary world.  Some guy hacked DH's email and it has been a pain for him setting up a new account and then changing all those accounts that use his email for business.  How we found out was the scary part.  Our investment banker called and said that he had an email from dh stating that he wanted him to transfer funds ($25,000,!)  to his bank to pay for the purchase of some farm equipment.  The banker knows red flags when he sees them and also said that he would never transfer anything just from an email request.  Banker sent me a copy of the email (didn't want to use dh)  and it was so scary.  The guy had read enough of dh's emails that it actually did read like dh was writing it.  He could tell that dh sold farm equipment and that we did business with this banker by dh emailing him for some general information nonsensitive stuff.  DH did some investigating and the hacker was in Nigeria!  Technolongy can be wonderful, but so scary too.