Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 135572 views.
karensquilte

1/14/20

Gloria, glad to see you are going to join us at the retreat.  Looking forward to seeing you.  You will enjoy yourself.  You just have to stay away from the Naughty Table!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Thanks Laura.  I know we're not the only ones experiencing this or will.  It's just seeing the change and new journey God has for us!  Kind of exciting!  David's first day of retirement in a "work week" was great yesterday.  He was able to do things around here like stabilize my laptop desk (a small job but we just never took the time); he got to go to the hardware store for parts as a retired guy working on a project (as DJ used to call some his customers); he got to make a PB&J sandwich when he wanted and not his scheduled lunchtime; could take a phone call from his son for as long as he wanted to talk; was able to mess around with this stoopid computerized robot vacuum as much as he wanted and call and spend time with the trouble shooting professional he has been working with during daytime hours directly (he's had to call at lunchtime or email back and forth after his work hours)!  All good things.

Thanks for being such a good friend to Viola by being available to be with her as family gather and she said good-bye to Al.  I'm sure you were a blessing to all present during that tender time.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Thanks Jo for your simple explanation of Cobra.  I just read your understanding to DH and that was a bit encouraging for both of us that we don't need to have a for sure answer immediately.  We are awaiting his final packet of information from the company in hard copy.  We kind of expected it by FedEx yesterday but they probably chose to mail it and not spend the extra costs.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

1/14/20

Oh no, sorry to read the news of dh's job (early retirement).   Good thing you had some advance notice and it wasn't a complete surprise.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/14/20

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

David's first day of retirement in a "work week" was great yesterday.

David should be good at retirement because he has hobbies and things he enjoys doing.   I'm hoping Bob will get more involved with his telescope now that we have the observatory up and he will be able to keep it set the way it needs to be and not have to restart every time.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/14/20

Finished my  Lotto blocks and got them trimmed.  I trimmed them to 9 3/4" because I have learned from experience that nor everyone has the same 9 1/2 " measure.  This way whoever wins them can trim them down to size.  

Went to the quilt group at church today.  I need to make some kits for some of them to put together before we meet again on the 28th.  Have 2 quilts to quilt.  No problem staying busy here.

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/14/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

David's first day of retirement in a "work week" was great yesterday.

David should be good at retirement because he has hobbies and things he enjoys doing.   I'm hoping Bob will get more involved with his telescope now that we have the observatory up and he will be able to keep it set the way it needs to be and not have to restart every time.

I do hope Bob can keep his wits about him until he gets the observatory as he wants it.  And then he can enjoy using it!  Out of your hair!

nylaagain

1/15/20

Yay Yay from me too!

nylaagain

1/15/20

And miss all the fun?

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

1/15/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

As much space as I have I could easily double it.  Seems I manage to use as much space as I have.

That's so true, I'm overflowing into another room.  My space is small, I need it about 3 times bigger.  Ha Ha!