Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started 10/31/19 by KSCarolyn; 123139 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/15/20

It's coming together slowly.   We need some clear night skies to set it on Polaris.  Then the computer will take over and actually move the telescope to where he indicates he wants it.  It will be great for it not to have to be set up every time he wants to use it.  He has a sun filter so can even view the sun during the day safely.

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/15/20

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

It's coming together slowly.   We need some clear night skies to set it on Polaris.  Then the computer will take over and actually move the telescope to where he indicates he wants it.  It will be great for it not to have to be set up every time he wants to use it.  He has a sun filter so can even view the sun during the day safely.

Wow!  That sounds amazing.  Bob will have many hours of fun with that I'm sure.  Can't wait to see pics!

Suze (casuzenn)

1/15/20

wow...I would love to see that setup!!

I've been working on minis to decorate my sewing room wall. Annoyingly, I tried to do the binding where you sew in the front, then sew through the front to the back. I did 2", and it wasn't quite big enough to grab in some parts. I'm sure that's a seam allowance thing, though I couldn't see it. I'll still have to hand bind in some spots. Otherwise, having fun with it!

karensquilte

1/16/20

Mel, it's a lot easier to sew the binding on the back and then topstitch on the front.  Think you'll like this better.

KSCarolyn

1/16/20

I sometimes sew the binding to the back and use a decorative stitch on the top, especially on a baby quilt that gets washed a lot.

Carolyn

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/16/20

I'll have to take some pictures.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/16/20

KSCarolyn said:

I sometimes sew the binding to the back and use a decorative stitch on the top, especially on a baby quilt that gets washed a lot. Carolyn

I do the same.

karensquilte said...

Mel, it's a lot easier to sew the binding on the back and then topstitch on the front

Thanks for the tip! That is precisely what I tried first, but unfortunately, the decorative stitches that I wanted to use didn't work with the walking foot so I decided to try the other. LOL!!! I keep trying new things :) 

Thank you :) I'll give it another try. Anything's easier than hand stitching! (sorry to those of you who like it, but...not me!)