Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9424 views.
bornblesse2

Dec-21

Boy, oh boy, am I tired of all the sickness!  I keep hearing of more and more people getting sick!

my DD is going to get tested today.  She has cold symptoms but is so fatigued, she is concerned.  Use found out my brother has tested positive.  And his wife’s father is recovering from it.  My other brother supposedly had it!

my friend working the Covid floor is just exhausted as is another nursing friend.  
my plea - everybody stay as careful as possible!  Keep hand washing fervently and wear your masks!  I fear people will gather and spread this even more than it is!

im tired of all this folks!  Just tired!

CC (ccase5)

Dec-21

I agree, of course. I sit here bored to pieces. the grocery store is the only place i go. No holiday celebration here of course. Nor elsewhere. We must sit tight and make do or not be here anymore. Our choice. I like being around on this Earth. keeping fingers crossed for everyone!!! Have a good Christmas and say a prayer for everyone around the world. Remember our smiling children (())
Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-21

I have had a bunch of folks in my family come down with this blasted virus too...

My son, his fiancé, his daughter, his ex, and her other child, my cousin. Fortunately all of them seem to have survived ok..

And I only go to the grocery store occasionally, and to the lab to get blood draws...

We are doing Duo chats  with my daughter and son on Christmas Day...on Christmas Eve going to deliver presents to my parents and sister but probably not going to go in (sigh...I haven't seen my parents since last Feb) - we will be looking at the Christmas lights on the way back home.

bornblesse2

Dec-22

Oh wow SuZe, I didn’t know you had so many sick.  How is your sister and folks holding up?  I know this is so blasted hard on everyone!

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-22

They are still hanging in there.  Hoping this virus is over soon.

Would it be feasible for you to self quarantine for 2 weeks then go visit your parents? One of the many things I hate about all this is delaying important things.  Especially with the elderly.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-22

Speaking of the elderly, I am one.  We are careful, masks hand sanitizing and washing, social distancing.  I am not much of an online purchaser so I have been to a few stores after carefully evaluating their safety practices.  I feel free to move away from strangers.  I have been on an airplane 4 times.  The airports and airlines have been vigilant. We go to church.  They take our temperature, we wear masks and are socially distance from all that are not family.  The only family member who has had it lives in Palm Desert, Ca and he has recovered.  I haven't seen him in over a year.  I have lost 2 brothers for non-Covid reasons and needed to travel.  When the vaccine is available for those older than 75 with co-morbidities, I will take it.  I really think my husband had it in January but it was diagnosed as the flu.  If I'm right, I was exposed then.  The damage from this virus has been so much more than Covid infections.  I won't go into all that but you all see it in your families and lives.  I pray for a better 2021 for all.

Midkid5

Dec-22

I stayed away from my mom for three months but she kept  asking for me to come so in May I did.  We discussed the risks and I see her once a month, I limit where I go the seven to ten days before I see her.  

We moved her to a ground floor apartment Oct 31, I had planned to go the next weekend to see how she was settling in but she was still staying at my sister's due to still to many things to organize at the new place.  So glad I didn't go as Tuesday I came down with Covid.

Suzi, if at all possible comfortable, wipe down your car and shoes, put on clean clothes, wash you hands as soon as you enter their home and see your parents.  Life is to short not to.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-22

I will see if my Sis is comfortable with that...

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-22

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

I really think my husband had it in January but it was diagnosed as the flu.  If I'm right, I was exposed then.

I think I was down with COVID just after Retreat last year...but I had an antibody test and they said no...but it could be the antibodies just don't last too well or the test was false negative. But...I had most of the lighter symptoms - if it wasn't COVID, it was a doozy of a cold...