Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9432 views.
bornblesse2

Jan-4

Oh SuZe!  My heart breaks for you at this terribly difficult time!

any news on how your sister is doing?  I cannot imagine how your sister feels trying to cope with Covid and the grief.  I pray she doesn’t carry guilt about how things have transpired. It is so easy to say to yourself  “ I should have, could have, etc” 

I have added all of you to my church prayer chain!  I hope that is ok with you!  Hugs....

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-4

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

So I hope it will comfort you to know that your parents are now together again and did not ever have to be apart for very long.  I am sure that he welcomed her into Heaven.    

Yes...though I think she might have been a bit surprised by that...she was not able to understand that he passed first - she was mostly unconscious when Daddy passed … I think she was hanging on, thinking he was still living.. 

I can just see it when Mama got there..."Wait, what are you doing here?" and then the joyful reunion...

So sorry Suze. Praying for you and your family.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-4

I'm so sorry Suze (and your sister, niece and family) for the loss of your precious parents.  I pray it warms your hearts to know they are together and free of their pain and suffering in this earthly life journey.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-4

Suze (casuzenn) said...

.she was not able to understand that he passed first - she was mostly unconscious when Daddy passed … I think she was hanging on, thinking he was still living.. 

I can just see it when Mama got there..."Wait, what are you doing here?" and then the joyful reunion...

What a delightful thought!

nylaagain

Jan-4

And picture them really kicking up their heels. No more SOB or achy joints with dancing. Together and feeling good. Your dance right now would be a slow waltz but they can enjoy a real s$$$kicker.

Mishii

Jan-4

Suze (casuzenn) said:

so in a way, its good that they are both going within days of each other.

This is what I hope for my parents.  Like yours, they have been married over 60 years.  They do not want to be without the other.  So difficult for you and your sister and I'm sorry for that, but so blessed for these lovely people who have shared so much.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-4

Mishii said:

They do not want to be without the other. 

Kind of morbid thought here...I guess it was a blessing in disguise that, though they were already on hospice and ready to go, that COVID took them both at the same time... I cannot imagine one without the other.

latterberry

Jan-5

Oh, dear!  You have really had an emotional time.  I am so sorry for your losses, but consider it a blessing that they are together in heaven.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-5

Sorry to hear that.  (((  )))