Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9413 views.
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jan-8

Yetta, how are you, your husband and your DB doing?

YDritch

Jan-8

DB is still in the hospital with Covid and pneumonia.  They are giving him antibodies and lots and lots of oxygen (but not on a ventilator, thank G-d).  DH's test results are negative but mine have not come back yet.  Have no idea why as they were taken at the same time/place.  We both feel great except I have a slight headache...stress no doubt.  I'm almost at the end of our 14 day quarantine period so I expect smooth sailing on out.  Hope all is well with you.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-8

sending continued prayers for DB...

In reply toRe: msg 162
Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-12

whoohoo...my niece just got a negative on her COVID test ....

PTL she did not catch it taking care of Sis and my parents...

Suze that is awesome news. Hope your sister is improving.

bornblesse2

Jan-13

Oh Suze, so happy to hear that bit of sunshine for your families!  Is your sister continuing to improve?

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-13

yes...Sis is improving...

We are having an issue with the funeral home .... did you know that even if you have a pre-paid arrangement, if the casket is not of a certain level, they won't bury you in that casket if you died with COVID? Evidently the level my parents picked out and paid for is not 'sufficient' for COVID burials...sigh...costs a couple hundred more to raise the level to the 'approved' one..

and the funeral home has not sent the additional amount contract to be DocuSigned yet...so they have not ordered the Death Certificates...and that is hanging up closing bank accounts and other stuff - like the sale of their condo, which is in escrow - the lady buying it hoped to close Feb 1...that is not going to happen.... The backup with so many dying of COVID seems to have really overwhelmed their process.

bah

bornblesse2

Jan-13

Oh no....... I had no idea about the casket thing.  That sounds really strange.  I hope things get worked out...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-13

Suze (casuzenn) said:

.my niece just got a negative on her COVID test

WooHooo, indeed!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-13

Suze (casuzenn) said:

arrangement, if the casket is not of a certain level, they won't bury you in that casket if you died with COVID?

You are kidding!  That's crazy.  Do they also have to be buried with a mask on?  I'm so sorry for all of these Covid issues.   Prayers and a lot of deep breaths.