Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9440 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-19

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

They now have natural or "green" burials, where you can do just that - be buried with only some kind of natural fiber "shroud" and without embalming.  The idea is to hasten the natural process of decomposition and not spend big money.

sound suspiciously like what my parents picked...no embalming, fiberboard casket...

but I guess the State is worried about the lingering effects of the COVID virus...

Pine deteriorates eventually. But not as quick as fiberboard...

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-19

LABFIEND said:

the mother  is still going to work because she can't that off. 

that is not right...sigh

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-19

I would pick fiberboard.  I know I won't care and I would rather my $$$ go to my children.  As it is, I plan to be cremated.  Don't want to take up space either.

Speaking of saving money for your kids and GKs -- I joked with my sister that when I am cremated, she should go to Hobby Lobby and buy a plain ginger jar or something similar for my ashes, and at my memorial service, there should be a sign by the urn that says "I am finally down to my ideal weight!"  Hah!   And sometime later, scatter my ashes somewhere in the desert.  I don't want to be made into a paperweight and spend eternity on somebody's desk, or a shelf at Goodwill.  LOL  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-19

Speaking of saving money for your kids and GKs -- I joked with my sister that when I am cremated, she should go to Hobby Lobby and buy a plain ginger jar or something similar for my ashes, and at my memorial service, there should be a sign by the urn that says "I am finally down to my ideal weight!"  Hah!   And sometime later, scatter my ashes somewhere in the desert.  I don't want to be made into a paperweight and spend eternity on somebody's desk, or a shelf at Goodwill.  LOL  

hahaha!

my Granny is scattered beneath a tree in the desert near where she lived... 

Did you know you can make synthetic diamonds out of a person's hair? 

LABFIEND

Jan-19

Suze (casuzenn) said:

no embalming, 

Another Aunt Margaret-ism, they won't transport a body across state lines without embalming. ( She lives in Missouri and will be buried in Kansas)

LABFIEND

Jan-19

or a shelf at Goodwill.  LOL  

Now that is a thought!!  Eternity traveling around the country via Goodwill!!

when my dad was cremated we HAD to purchase a container from the mortuary.  And the overall cost was not significantly less than a casket burial.  

judyinohio

Jan-19

Rules vary from state to state.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-19

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Oh, fer cryin' out loud! 

And all the other stuff you said!!!  I AGREE!!!