Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started 12/21/20 by bornblesse2; 10262 views.

Speaking of saving money for your kids and GKs -- I joked with my sister that when I am cremated, she should go to Hobby Lobby and buy a plain ginger jar or something similar for my ashes, and at my memorial service, there should be a sign by the urn that says "I am finally down to my ideal weight!"  Hah!   And sometime later, scatter my ashes somewhere in the desert.  I don't want to be made into a paperweight and spend eternity on somebody's desk, or a shelf at Goodwill.  LOL  

Suze (casuzenn)

1/19/21

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

Speaking of saving money for your kids and GKs -- I joked with my sister that when I am cremated, she should go to Hobby Lobby and buy a plain ginger jar or something similar for my ashes, and at my memorial service, there should be a sign by the urn that says "I am finally down to my ideal weight!"  Hah!   And sometime later, scatter my ashes somewhere in the desert.  I don't want to be made into a paperweight and spend eternity on somebody's desk, or a shelf at Goodwill.  LOL  

hahaha!

my Granny is scattered beneath a tree in the desert near where she lived... 

Did you know you can make synthetic diamonds out of a person's hair? 

LABFIEND

1/19/21

Suze (casuzenn) said:

no embalming, 

Another Aunt Margaret-ism, they won't transport a body across state lines without embalming. ( She lives in Missouri and will be buried in Kansas)

LABFIEND

1/19/21

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

or a shelf at Goodwill.  LOL  

Now that is a thought!!  Eternity traveling around the country via Goodwill!!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

1/19/21

when my dad was cremated we HAD to purchase a container from the mortuary.  And the overall cost was not significantly less than a casket burial.  

judyinohio

1/19/21

Rules vary from state to state.

Judy (DJZMOM)

1/19/21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Oh, fer cryin' out loud! 

And all the other stuff you said!!!  I AGREE!!!

latterberry

1/20/21

Actually, I plan on donating my body to science if they will have it.  Haven't checked into the process yet.  Then I believe they cremate the body when done and give it back to the family.  DD had to work on a body during PT school and they were taught to treat the body with respect.  All this talk about different caskets--I don't see why $$ ones for something only seen for a few hours.  My dad was on a cemetery board many years ago  and I remember him saying that no matter what the casket is, it has to be put in a concrete vault.  It was the law--at least here in Illinois.

In reply toRe: msg 200
YDritch

1/24/21

I'm asking for prayers for my DB who is coming home from the hospital on hospice care today.  He and I are the only siblings and very, very close.  We're only 14 months apart and almost feel like twins.

bornblesse2

1/24/21

Prayers for sure Yetta!  Where does your brother live?