Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sick people   Off-Topic Chat

Started Dec-21 by bornblesse2; 9428 views.
latterberry

Jan-20

Actually, I plan on donating my body to science if they will have it.  Haven't checked into the process yet.  Then I believe they cremate the body when done and give it back to the family.  DD had to work on a body during PT school and they were taught to treat the body with respect.  All this talk about different caskets--I don't see why $$ ones for something only seen for a few hours.  My dad was on a cemetery board many years ago  and I remember him saying that no matter what the casket is, it has to be put in a concrete vault.  It was the law--at least here in Illinois.

In reply toRe: msg 200
YDritch

Jan-24

I'm asking for prayers for my DB who is coming home from the hospital on hospice care today.  He and I are the only siblings and very, very close.  We're only 14 months apart and almost feel like twins.

bornblesse2

Jan-24

Prayers for sure Yetta!  Where does your brother live?

YDritch

Jan-24

He's in Tucson but I haven't been able to see him in months.  We talk on the phone daily but his breathing is so labored he can barely speak.  He's on massive amounts of oxygen but is not intubated.

Mishii

Jan-24

I’m so sorry Yetta. You and your brother are in my thoughts. 

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-24

oh my...sending lots of prayers 

So sorry about your brother Yetta.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-24

YDritch said:

I'm asking for prayers for my DB

Prayers for you both.  Having lost my 2 brothers last year, I can relate.  I did go up to Las Vegas several times to see one of them and check out the care he was receiving.  No family there.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-25

Oh ((((( Yetta ))))) Prayers for comfort and peace for both of you.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

Oh, fer cryin' out loud!  Why not?  Coffins and caskets and flowers and ceremonies are for the living, not for the deceased.  Why shouldn't a casket be of fiberboard?  Is it going to be exhumed and reused at some future point?   If you have a ceremony, those in attendance will already know that you dearly loved and honored your parents.  If your parents had *picked out* that specific item to be buried in, any ill-thoughts are the problem of the people thinking them .. it is no reflection on you.   Now, if you are being forced to "upgrade" and covid is the reason, you probably can't fight City Hall on that one, given the current climate.  OTOH, if you feel like resisting the upgrade, go for it.  :-)  Give 'em hell!  :-)

I TOTally agree!