Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Send encouraging cheer!   General Discussion

Started Jan-21 by bornblesse2; 3912 views.
bornblesse2

Jan-21

I’m sure all of you have read that our quilting friend Suze has lost Both parents, and is now battling cancer.  I think she could use some bright spots of cheer!  I’m encouraging anyone who would like to make a heart block and send it.....

here is the suggestions:
A floral heart with a solid type background of any color.

i am including a link to a heart pattern that can be made any size...Use the 6” size and then add a 2” border around it so it ends up larger than 8 1/2”.  Then they can be trimmed up the same size by Suze!

https://cluckclucksew.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Heart-Blocks-Pattern.pdf

Here is the block I made with a green background  but chose any color background to go with your floral.  Message me if you need Suze address...

Glad to see this here..............I have been thinking about this myself. I will be making some hearts for sure.

judyinohio

Jan-21

I already have Suze's address so I'll be sending a block.

I assume we should sign these with a Sharpie Micro pen permanent ink.

Midkid5

Jan-21

Please send me Suze address, as I want to send her a block or two.

Jo

YDritch

Jan-21

Absolutely, count me in.

YDritch

Jan-21

Should we sign the blocks or just put our names on the back?

LABFIEND

Jan-21

Glad you started this, I have been thinking we should give her a heart shower!!  Wasn't sure of the colors, thanks for starting this!!

I recall from when she was my secret sister that her favorite color is green blush

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-21

Thanks Ellen! I love the block you made.

yes..my favorite color is green...

sign them on the front please if you want to - it will be nice to see the names!

viola (sissly4)

Jan-21

You will have to wait on my block.I WILL NOT BE ABLE to sew for couple months. I was at the doc yesterday.

viola