Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Send encouraging cheer!   General Discussion

Started 1/21/21 by bornblesse2; 7277 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

2/13/21

my Mama LOVED birds...any kind of birds but she especially liked hummingbird and fat little wrens...I was kind of hoping someone would make some with birds!!

and she liked butterflies too!

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

2/14/21

I’m glad you approve! The weather here is not favorable so it’ll be a few days until they go into the mail. At least the snow is falling vertically now instead of horizontally LOL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/15/21

Humming birds are very appropriate for a flower quilt.  One block I made didn't have enough contrast with the border.  I sent it anyway.  I may make a couple more.  

tuckyquilter

2/21/21

This is how a got a cajillion of these little suckers, and remember, those little HST will need to be sewn into blocks, which will need to be sewn into quilts.. 

Our work is never done......(sigh)

In reply toRe: msg 1
Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-10

I want to thank everyone that has sent blocks and cards and other goodies...I appreciate them all!

My sister and I are working thru my parents estate - its going slowly but its going. Mama had so many accounts in so many places... we have been busily filling out forms for weeks.

I am doing pretty well with my cancer treatments - my M-Spike is down to zero (whoohoo) and the percentage of bad plasma cells in my bone marrow is down to 'roughly 10%' - this is down from 50-60% in November.

I am starting on cycle 6 and will see the Transplant doc in early July to discuss when to schedule the Stem Cell Transplant. That is the 'Big Deal' for the chemo which will likely make me lose my hair (boo...) and will require me to be in strict Social Isolation for around 100 days after.  

I need to work on my quilt soon so I can take it to the hospital when I go. If it does not get done before, it will have to wait until after I am feeling less fatigued from the transplant. Anyone who still wants to send blocks that will go into this quilt, please send soon!

---------------------

Laura - the gnome blocks are sooooo cute!

Judy - I may be able to integrate the FQ into the quilt...will have to see if I can fussy cut some of those cool motifs..

Linda - I love the little heart! its in my purse.

---------------------

Again...thank you to everyone!blush

bornblesse2

Jun-11

Suze, I was just thinking about you, wondering how you were doing!

wish I was closer to put that quilt together for you!  Do you want to send them to me to get together?

maybe we should talk!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-11

oh...that is an interesting thought! Thank you very much for the offer...

Let me see how far I get this weekend - I haven't sewn anything at all since Retreat. But I am feeling better so I might be able to get somewhere with it.

I still need to send you my blocks. Will try to get out today. I have pulled them out to mail several times. 

KSCarolyn

Jun-11

Dang!  I can't remember if I sent my blocks.  I remember making them but can't remember if I ever sent them.  If I ever make it back to my sewing room I will look and see what I did.  With all the pain drugs I'm on I have chronic brain fog.  My surgery is this coming Wednesday and I am so ready to get back to being pain free but I'm also scared.  Back surgery when it works is great but if it doesn't it's a disaster.  My dear quilt sister, I will pray for you.

Carolyn

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-11

I will pray for a successful back surgery for you, Princess! 

I have an associate at work that just had back surgery...she is doing well.  I hope for a good result for you.  There are so many great options these days.