Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

interesting secondary pattern - hexagons   General Discussion

Started 1/28/21 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1875 views.

I love the left-over triangles for corners of string blocks.  And just sewing two wonky triangles together to make a wonky piece for crumb quilting.  

LABFIEND

2/1/21

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

I love the left-over triangles for corners of string blocks.  And just sewing two wonky triangles together to make a wonky piece for crumb quilting.  

Exactly my plan!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/1/21

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

I ran across this and thought the secondary design was fun. 

Great fo scraps!  We all have those.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/1/21

LABFIEND said:

Don't want to run out of fabric.

Like that is going to happen!  Like me, I think you have a SABLE.  And....you keep finding or buying more.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/1/21

LABFIEND said:

But we needed to cut 400 8 inch circles, Christmas fabric,

So what was being done with the 400 circles?  Did you use up all of your Christmas fabric?  I'll share.

LABFIEND

2/1/21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

.  And....you keep finding or buying more.

Finding doesn't count-LOL- only buying!!

And I pass along alot that is given to me, so it doesn't count!! ROTFL!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

2/1/21

LABFIEND said:

And I pass along alot that is given to me, so it doesn't count!

I'm passing along more and more!  Wish I could stop buying.  Much less bought this year as I rarely buy over the internet!relaxed

I also would like to know what you are doing with all the circles.  

LABFIEND

2/2/21

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

I also would like to know what you are doing with all the circles.  

The county extension bunch  is having their district meeting, and are going to do it virtually.  So, as they usually have classes to go with the meeting, the powers that be decided on two crafts, one wooden something something, and a fabric ornament, you have probably seen the you tube video, two circles sewn together and folded in quarters then bent back to make a flat ornament.

A friend and I volunteered to cut some circles (So we wouldn't get suckered in to sewing them!!) since I still have plenty of Christmas fabric!!!  The Chickasha quilt shop has a big Accucut (or one of those big cutting die things) and said we could use it to cut 8 in circles,  Originally they wanted 200 ornaments (400 circles) and we said we would cut out 100.  We cut out about 230. I delivered them to one of the ladies organizing the outfit, and got more of the story.  They had gone to Hobby Lobby and bought 24 more yards, as the state people now wanted to have 600 ornaments (for the whole state).  She said rather than sew and turn, they were going to serge they together, wrong sided together, to avoid the turn. So I felt sorry for her, cause she didn't know what she was doing, so I took 12 more yards to cut circles, plus 7 more yards of fabric from my stash (still haven't run out of Christmas fabric-LOL). I declined to do any surging (aren't you proud of my resolve!!!) but I will cut circles.  I also had to explain to her how to starch the fabric and cut squares to run thru the accucut.  The extension group has an accucut and bought an 8 in circle.  So she is doing the other 12 yards.  I get rather irritated because the extension mucky  mucks  decide what we are doing and the little guys don't get much input.  But you know I am a sucker for jumping in and doing stuff.  But I am proud that I did decline the sewing part (we will see if that holds!!)

So after quilt guild on Thursday, Elaine and I will cut more circles, the first batch only took us about 40 minutes, and I got all those scrap triangles!!

That's my sad story-LOL!!

Okay, thanks for the explanation.  We who are nosey appreciate it.  ;o)