Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can We Talk About Refrigerators?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-29 by judyinohio; 1602 views.
3carats (MaryDinFL)

Jan-30

If you love the LG just buy it and enjoy it. I would like it if my GE was ready to expire.  That door will save energy.

Mary

Judy, I have a french style from Samsung. When I got my house a couple years ago, I found a president's day sale or something...the whole kitchen was cheaper than a fridge by itself.

judyinohio

Feb-16

I am very pleased with the LG model we bought earlier this month. Can't believe how bright it is inside and how  roomy it is but then we are a twosome and have not stashed much food in it thus far.

3carats (MaryDinFL)

Feb-18

Happy to hear you bought the LG. Enjoy!

Mary in Orlando where the sun is shining and the temp. is 85.

tuckyquilter

Feb-21

I love Whirlpool for washer/dryers. Mine have always lasted 25-30 yrs.

I will be watching the comments on a new fridge as I am looking to get a new one sometime in the summer.  Not sure how much I really need as I have a large freezer in the garage for frozen stuff.

Could probably use a new stove too, as mine is over 25 yrs old, but so many don't have a broiler on the bottom.  I don't want the broiler inside the oven as it makes a mess.  

judyinohio

Feb-21

I really like our new LG although it is a bit bigger than we really need. It makes ice cubes like crazy but that's good because I drink a lot of ice water all day long. (Kidney doctor wants me to work my kidneys.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes)

The thing lights up like it's ready for a Broadway stage production every time I open one of the French doors which took some getting used to but with LED lights every appliance goes kind of overboard with the lighting.  When I open the freezer drawer I expect someone to start singing a show tune. LOL At least it is easy to find what I am looking for.

tuckyquilter

Feb-21

Thank you.. When I start looking, after my trip to your neck of the woods, I'll certainly check out the LG line.  

I do hope Oregon OH has thawed out by the time I show up.. lol

latterberry

Feb-22

I'm glad you are satisfied with your new refrigerator.  I was clearing out some old paperwork --pitching manuals of things we don't even have anymore and found the papers for mine and we got it in 95.  It's a Maytag and I dread the time I have to go shopping for a new one.  My kitchen isn't that big and some of these new ones I've seen would take over the whole room!  

I get startled each time I see your new avatar.  Cute little guy, but I like seeing your smiling face better.  

judyinohio

Feb-22

I was not happy about shopping for a new refrigerator but I also was not happy about mushy ice cream. There might come a time when you have no choice. persevere  They come in all sizes so you will have fun when the time comes, Lynne.

The particular little orangutan I selected had the calmest face; some were too sad and some were too "toothy" .... couldn't find one with a cute grin. I chose one that I thought looked dignified.

CC (ccase5)

Mar-4

Ha, ha. my new Hp printer looks like neon lights on a runway! hate that. they all mean something but did they give a manual with the printer, NO.