Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Big Dream panel - quilting   General Discussion

Started Feb-8 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 1153 views.
bornblesse2

Feb-14

Ohhhh, that is pretty!

Mishii

Feb-14

You quilt it to death is how you quilt it!  They are so much fun!

I finally made it back to my house last night. I was at my DD college house that we are fixing up to put on the market. I did not get to do any stucco work because it was too cold so I will go back in a couple of weeks as it will be warmer........I did get a lot done inside.

I opened the package and am very happy with the panels and some extra goodies, batting, backing and some great patterns and instructions. Thank you!!!

I saw an over the top version the other day and saved it........I might just draw one on muslin using the pattern you included as a practice piece before I work on the actual panels............I am very excited to make these up and may put some borders on them as well. I think a green border on the beige one would be beautiful and not sure what color on the orange one yet. I have a few things to quilt before these (Dee's beautiful applique is on the top of the list right now) but when I get to them they will be really fun!!!! Quilting a top till it screams for mercy is my happy place! My DBIL who gave me space in his shop for my longarm come to look over my shoulder to see what I am doing and just shakes his head and says I am crazy. He always likes the finished result though. The other day I had a charity quilt on the frame and was doing a loose feather swirley thing that I was trying out and I had the machine going a bizillion miles an hour. I told him "see I don't quilt the living daylights out of everything." 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-15

That is so pretty.  It was a great idea to cut them up like that.  I wouldn't know how to quilt it either.

There are a million photos of the big dream quilts on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook quilted from very simple to over the top dead on arrival!

Mine will be totally dead on arrival but there are so many easy ideas out there too for those of you that don't want to kill your quilts. Just google Big Dream Quilt and you will get tons of inspiration photos!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-15

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

big dream quilts

I had 2 panels.  I gave them away.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Feb-15

I've seen that treatment too with cutting a second panel for expanding the corners.  The B/W is lovely!!

tuckyquilter

Feb-21

I'm on MeWe so I'll look for this quilter.   I wish more quilting sites were there.