Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Project Box - pouch - tote   General Discussion

Started Feb-8 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 318 views.
YDritch

Feb-9

Lovely for sure, but $75?  I think I'd go with a fishing tackle box and some baggies!

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-9

YDritch said:

Lovely for sure, but $75?  I think I'd go with a fishing tackle box and some baggies!

You and I think alike!!

re $75, true, but it is still pretty to look at.  My break even point is somewhere around $30 for a fun container, though I enjoy I enjoy it even more when free. 

My favorite sewing kit right now is a lovely paper covered box that I received as a gift - no idea what came in it.  I think it might have been stationary but it's been at least 20 years.  I've kept it because it is very sturdy and just so pretty.  Recently I started using it for my hand piecing and it works great.   It is just the right size to sit in my lap.  And I can close it up very quickly when I need to go - much faster than the bag I was previously using and it stays on my lap better too.  A piece of sand paper fits in the top nicely for tracing templates.  I've thought about trying to attach some kind of string or band to close it, but for now I just use a large rubber band.  It could also use handles but I have a bag from a long ago retreat that it fits in well so that works.   One end has gotten torn which makes me sad, I've thought about trying to glue reinforcement inside but I don't think it will hold.  I also need to make a little tray of some kind to keep my scissors & bobbins from rolling around, something temporary that i can remove later.  It is great to use and I can find it easily when I leave it laying around the house in different locations.

Midkid5

Feb-9

Would fabric modpodged to the inside work to reinforce it?

Jo

Thank you for not saying "modge podged" -- that is so irritating.  LOL  

maybe.  I'm irritated at myself for not taking better care of it.  I'll give the modpodge a try on the inside.