Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Whee - snowing in North Texas   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1641 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-10

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said:

His kidney function has gone down to 29%.  Puts him in Stage 4 kidney disease. 

Sorry to hear this.  Have they recommended anything he can do to improve his numbers?  diet? change of meds?

Thanks, seems like we all have something going on.

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

Have they recommended anything he can do to improve his numbers?  diet? change of meds?

Yes, she (the nephrologist) is stopping some meds. I’m trying to change his diet, but all that is good for him, he doesn’t like.  So ultimately I don’t have much control, he does. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-10

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said:

I’m trying to change his diet, but all that is good for him, he doesn’t like.  So ultimately I don’t have much control, he does.

I have that issue here also!  As others have said, "Men!"

In reply toRe: msg 24
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-10

speaking of basements.  That's a concept that I can only theoretically dream of   :-)

I've lived in northern California all my life.  The first 22 years was in a suburb of San Francisco.  The family house had a *crawl space* under the floor and that's exactly what it was ... just big enough to low crawl through to check/fix the floor joists.

The house where Mr. Pirate & I live (for the past 40-odd years .. and yeah, some of those years have been pretty odd!) is on a concrete slab.  Absolutely NO basement or even crawl space here!  Or an attic for that matter.  Our "attic" is, again, a low crawl space, barely room to scoot along the center line.

Talk of safe rooms, of hidden rooms (cue "Young Frankenstein" .... PUT THE CANDLE BACK!) is very, very interesting to me!   

Hahaha!  Put ze kendel BECK!  A great scene, but then aren't they all?  

When I was about 6-7 years old, I had a great comic book collection, and I read them over and over till I wore them out.  One of them was Little Lulu, and I seem to remember that she had some friends who lived in a very strange house, with a room behind the fireplace.  I don't remember too much more about it than that, but I thought that was SO cool.  

LABFIEND

Feb-10

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

Oh wow, just checked the forecast.  We are supposed to stay cold and wet for several days - even get down to 14-16 on Sunday & Monday.  With a 30% change of precipitation.  T

What the heck??????????????  The weather man her just forecasted 10-15 inches-INCHES of snow here Sunday night Monday morning.  That with temps ion the teens.  IO can do without this!  I would have stayed in Canada if I wanted that much snow.  I sure hope he is wrong!!

Thursday (next) is suppose to be 22 degrees.  We go get our second shot that day, I will dog sled if I have to!

And of course, we have two new babies (sheep), they seem to be doing OK (we have a 3 sided shed and pens inside, but nothing like a big barn.

you wouldn't think our weather would be that different but somewhere along the Red River it definitely gets much colder than we have down here.  And West of Abilene too. 

LABFIEND

Feb-10

Kinda of like the weather line along I 40, that seems to be where the weather changes from bad to worst!

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

As others have said, "Men!"

Yep.