Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Whee - snowing in North Texas   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1612 views.

hmmm. I don't trust him enough to do that.  smile But I do want most of the work to be him.  He has done almost all the floor plan now.  We're about ready to meet with a draftsman for the construction plans.  

We already have the cold and little bit of mist - or as the forecast said, "frozen fog", but we are supposed to get snow this Sunday and Monday.  It sure is dreary out, and I am going to get my 2nd shot in a little while.  At least no snow or ice just yet.

Midkid5

Feb-11

Tell him life is to short and he needs to enjoy it.  Being his own GC on your house project would not be enjoyable.  And most likely will take at least a third longer to finish.  Speaking from someone who's been there.

judyinohio

Feb-11

What is your husband's career? Why does he think he's an expert at residential construction? (Not meaning to sound rude, just curious.)

My DH always wanted to be an architect but couldn't study that in college because he couldn't wrap his brain around calculus. His dorm roommate was an architecture major and he helped roommate build models out of balsa wood and poster board.  When we got the plans for this house, DH was in his glory and built a model of our house (which our general contractor was delighted to use). We still have that model in our basement. LOL

• Edited February 11, 2021 4:59 pm  by  judyinohio
LABFIEND

Feb-11

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

the city has decided we had to have a permit to replace the shower valve. 

Whatttt????????????????????

Glad I don't live in the city!!

LABFIEND

Feb-11

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

l I guess we dodged the bullet so to speak.  Just heard on the radio that there is a massive pile up in Fort Worth, over 100 cars on I35W.  So grateful to be working from home.

OMG, the video was on facebook and probably our news.  You can probably find it on You Tube.  Horrific doesn't begin to describe it. At least 5 dead.  The video showed at least 4 semi's plowing into everyone. The 3rd semi to hit the cars just threw several cars in the air.  As they were coming in to hit the mass, looked like no one had slowed down at all, they were coming in at full speed.  It was the worst I have seen.

Glad you didn't get out today!

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-11

wow...that is a great idea for building!! I gotta remember that. We might be building a garage soon and it would help to have a model...

Suze (casuzenn)

Feb-11

we had a huge pileup where we live when we first moved here around 40 years ago...there was a white-out fog and people just kept crashing into each other - I forget how many but it was a lot of cars and semis. The fog does not get as thick now since there are so many more cars and people...one of the only bennies I can see for living here in this rat's nest...

I saw pictures of this on the news site...truly horrific...sending prayers for all involved...

Judy (DJZMOM)

Feb-11

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said...

I’m so glad we went to have hubby’s lab work done yesterday.  His kidney function has gone down to 29%.  Puts him in Stage 4 kidney disease

I'm so sorry Sandy.  Hugs to you both.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Feb-11

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said...

I don't think it's cold enough to stick but it sure is pretty.  Very nice to be sitting here at my desk at home all warm.  I sure am loving working from home, not having to worry about the roads - I feel very spoiled. 

Good for you.  I'm so glad you an enjoy it and not be out commuting in it!