Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I Could Make One Heck of a Snow Angel   General Discussion

Started Feb-16 by judyinohio; 1297 views.
5dogmom (CRISR5)

Feb-17

You will laugh at the background then.  A friend had cross stitched the little orange fish, bottom right.  After she died, I wanted it on display so I would think of her every day.  Pondered what color(s) I could use with it to make me more comfortable with orange, and the muted tones of teal fit the bill.

Funny side bar.  I was not liking the piece at all until I ran the rust colored piece of yarn along the right side, leading the eye around the block.  That's when I decided it was done!

While I can't sell it because of the little orange fish, I am flattered that you would want to buy it. 

Cris in MT

Midkid5

Feb-17

Oooooh those are fabulously detailed.

Jo

judyinohio

Feb-17

Okay, sentiment wins out over my crass offer of money. But those are my colors. Walk into my closet any time and you will see that I love rusts and teals and such.

Perhaps it is because I have orange hair and pale blue eyes ....

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Feb-17

Thank you, Jo.  I had to prove to Judy that I have beads on the brain.  LOL!

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Feb-17

Not crass at all, Judy!  I was flattered by your statement about it being a work of art and offering money for it.

Cris in MT

tuckyquilter

Feb-21

Beautiful quilts, great use of indoor time too.

Son up in Oregon OH said they have snow and drifts in their backyard taller than the youngest kiddo.  She apparently loves to go out and fall down so "no one can find her".   I guess at 4 1/2 ys, she hasn't learned about footprints.  I got a cute video of her going to rescue her 12 yr old brother when he pretended to be stuck in a drift. I can hear her yelling.. "Don't worry, I'm coming to get you"  Oh the joy of being a kid.

latterberry

Feb-22

awwww... I bet that was a fun video to watch.  My 10 year old granddaughter got a new puppy for Christmas and it is so fun the watch them play in the snow.  

tuckyquilter

Feb-22

Puppies and kids - what could be better.   I so wish I still had the "joy of discovery" like a child has. Everything is new to them.  

bornblesse2

Feb-22

A friend at lunch yesterday had koolaid....and we were laughing that she was feeding her inner child!  We all need to do that!  I love those times....

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Feb-26

Wow, those quilts are both beautiful!  Nice job!