Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

how crazy am I?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Feb-22 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 2467 views.
viola (sissly4)

Feb-27

I try not to do to much at one time.Today I will sit and sew the school hand bags.Then Monday cut again.

viola (sissly4)

Feb-27

Today I am sewing them hand bags.Then tomorrow I have off.Then Monday cut again.

In reply toRe: msg 42
viola (sissly4)

Feb-27

Look like I send you to reply.I thought I hit the wrong button .But I guess I did't.

bornblesse2

Feb-27

Viola, the cutting will take a while to build back into doing!  Don’t do too much at one time!  
if you need a bunch of cutting done, I could help do that so you could do other parts.....just let me know!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-27

viola (sissly4) said:

Yesterday and today was the first time I was out in my sewing room

Doesn't sound like you are ready yet for 6 hour days in your sewing room.  Get back into it gradually.  You will get them done.

viola (sissly4)

Feb-27

I did three bags today and cut three.I have until July.So I should be okay by doing little at a time.Thank for the offering.

viola (sissly4)

Feb-27

No I am not ready for eight hr sewing.I just work on them for four hours today and that was enough.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-27

Dee, I left a voice message for you.  Give me a call back if you'd like to chat about living full time in an RV for a while. 

sueinIL

Feb-27

Viola I feel your pain!  When I cut for too long, my right wrist aches from squeezing the cutter, and my left hand aches from pressing down on the ruler.  So far, I haven't let it stop me, but that time may be coming.  I hate it!

Have you ever posted a picture of the purses you make?  I'd love to see them.  I can't imagine making so many!

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Feb-27

Sue, what you are describing are repetitive stress injuries.  As  you wrote "the time may be coming" ...

I'm thinking that the time may be coming for you to investigate the purchase of one of these: https://www.accuquilt.com/go-big-electric-fabric-cutter-starter-set.html

I'm recommending the expensive electric model because I don't want you to hurt your wrist hand cranking the other models. I bought the one I am endorsing in this posting and it is a life-saver for sure.  Yes, it is pricey, yes, buying the "dies" to cut all the various shapes is pricey, but oh, my goodness gracious, you can cut fabric like magic!!!!!!  thumbsupok_handclap