Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

No Magnets in Back of HQ 18 Avante   General Discussion

Started Feb-22 by judyinohio; 647 views.
bornblesse2

Feb-22

Well, now we have a real puzzle!  I am happy to see that the company wants to look into it.

has anything else given you that buzzy feeling?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Feb-22

I'd second what Suze suggested: have an electrician check it out for proper wiring and insulation.

There could be a bare wire that is touching the frame/housing and conducting that electricity back to you when you touch it 

CC (ccase5)

Feb-22

Now that could be worrisome. I don't have a long arm but wonder if the handles are metal or rubber? Evidently it may make a difference. For yourself and others in your position I hope you get this figured out very soon. Let the company know if anything needs to be done on their part. They at least sounded concerned. Good luck!
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-23

judyinohio said:

So what makes the "buzzing" when I touch the "start" button on the handle on the back of the machine?

Does your daughter feel the same thing when she is on it?  I assume you didn't feel it either until after you had your pacemaker implanted?  No buzzing when you use your left arm/hand in the normal position, just the right?

I agree that it couldn't hurt to have someone look for a short somewhere.

In reply toRe: msg 7
judyinohio

Feb-24

Well, the HandiQuilter company and I have concluded that my "buzzing" must have been some sort of fluke.

Today I resumed quilting on my dear Lily Aurora and after over two hours of doing pantograph work on a kiddie quilt I have not had a recurrence of any kind of glitch, any kind of "buzzing" or any kind of weird sensation from this machine.

Their engineers were concerned but had no explanation and I had no explanation either.

At least I have a contact to keep in touch with if the problem pops up again.

But I think it was a one-time fluke that could have just as easily happened when I put the key in my Ford Escape or when I opened my refrigerator door .... just something weird that my pacemaker decided to do ... a sort of electronic hiccup.

• Edited February 24, 2021 3:04 pm  by  judyinohio

Judy that is great news. Hopefully it will not ever happen again!

oh so glad to hear that "diagnosis".  Your pacemaker just  making sure you were paying attention?  

YDritch

Feb-24

So the problem was not your electrifying personality after all.

judyinohio

Feb-24

I do shoot sparks from time to time but usually not when I'm alone in the basement with nobody to get angry with!  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye