Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cute B&W&bright paper-pieced block   General Discussion

Started Mar-22 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 1501 views.
latterberry

Mar-25

I'm thrilled that I gave you an inspiration after you have given me so many.  I thought about using one big piece and making a giant flying geese, but I already have  bonus triangles and didn't want to deal with any more.  Looking forward to seeing  yours.  I also had to start piecing one that you showed not that long ago.  It was the one using jelly roll strips and white back ground.  8 inch jr strip and varying white strip  making it zigzag looking.  I think you used rainbow colors but mine is just scrappy.  

We've both given and received lots of inspiration over the years.  Two heads are better than one...relaxed

tuckyquilter

Mar-25

I'm cleaning up "Flimsy Tops" too.  and love your Arrow quilt.  Very bright and cheerful.

I DO love the PP Wombat pattern and have saved the location.

tuckyquilter

Mar-25

Saved the pattern.  This is PP'ing at it's easiest.  I can see using up a boatload of scapes.  PP is often the best way to use up some of those smaller odd shaped ones.

Thanks for sharing.

latterberry

Mar-27

OK-- you tempted me and I just had to try it.  It's been a long time since I did any PP so it took a bit to get my mind working .  It maybe a one block wonder or a table topper  I don't think I have the  patience to make it much bigger but it did turn out cute.  

judyinohio

Mar-27

That is better than "cute" Lynne, it's terrific!  You need to stick with it ....

Wow that is really nice! One a week and you could make a quilt.

NanaSuz

Apr-10

Juliet thank you for the link. I haven't done paper piecing in a long time, but I think this would be a good (easy) pattern to get me going again. I just stumbled upon an old DVD that had Carolyn McCormick explaining her rulers. Believe it or not, I found mine!!

Thanks again, NanaSuz

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-10

Those arrowheads are a great visual and it looks like a wonderful way to use up I-Spy type fabrics.

latterberry

Apr-11

Thank you!  Still so many scraps to go.