Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Sadie girl over the rainbow bridge   News and Announcements

Started Mar-23 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto); 1250 views.

Yes the kids grew up with Sadie and there were so many memories. She had quite the personality and was very mischievous when she was young. We are all pretty broken up. Sarah said yesterday she is probably playing with Max (the lab she grew up with) and Thomas (the cat who raised her......she and Thomas used to curl up together).

Yup she really lived a long life for a big dog but this last year has been really hard for her.

Thanks Judy. Sadie did such an awesome job modeling your beautiful necklace. Thanks for posting a photo of her.

Thanks Cathy. The last few weeks she really went downhill fast. I well remember Elyse being so excited as we walked by a pickup truck at the grocery store. Of course we had to stop to look at the adorable puppies. Well after calling Mark, he and Sarah and Max the dog drove over to have a look. Max approved of the puppy and we took her home. The people gave away 9 puppies in 2 hours.....they were that cute. Thomas the cat ruled the house at the time and he took a liking to the new puppy so he raised her. They started at the same size but Sadie was almost 90 pounds when she reached her full size.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Mar-23

It's always so very hard to lose a good dog.

May the joyful memories you all had together soon outweigh the sadness of the loss.

Cris in MT

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-23

Ahhhh, I'm so sad to hear of this.   Pets do have a way of holding a special place in our hearts.

bornblesse2

Mar-23

Oh noo Ami!  You have talked about Sadie ever since I have known you.  So very hard loosing our companions!  Thanks for giving her the most wonderful home with your family.

Midkid5

Mar-23

There is a quote/ poem about how dogs give you a piece of their heart and than take a piece of yours when they depart...it ends saying, if I live long enough I'll become as generous and loving as they are. 

Want to make a pyrography sign of it for my brother for his birthday.  He lost two dogs last year and they definitely took part of his heart with them, and probably a piece of mine too.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-23

Midkid5 said:

pyrography sign

I had to look that up!   Literally translated, it is "writing with fire" .. so apt for a wood-burning tool!  

Making such an item for your brother will be so special!