Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do You Have an Heirloom Quilt From a Long-Gone Family Member?   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Mar-23 by judyinohio; 2657 views.
tuckyquilter

Mar-25

Here is a photo of three of the most important women in my life.  Left to right Great Aunt Anna, my Grandma, and Great Aunt Marie.. they are in order of age - oldest to youngest. They taught me how to sew, quilt, can food, make great and just about everything good that I know. The bottom photo is of my grandma's siblings and a sister in law to the far right.  Great Grandpa Abraham is in the door.  My grandma lived in this house as long as I could remember.  Then there's me, wearing the red w/white polkadot top.  Next to me is my beloved grandma, holding my brand new son Scott is my mother.  He was about 5 days old at this time.

I don't have one single quilt made by any member of my family.  I had a bunch of tops sent to me after grandma died, but they were so old they literally shredded when unfolded.  However, when I am back in my hometown, I will see if my cousin has any family quilts and if so, I'll take photos of them for my own benefit.  I don't need more quilts.  

latterberry

Mar-26

That poor ragged quilt must have been a beauty when it was new. Thanks for showing it to us.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-26

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

*I* was very pleased to be able to send those photos back home.

I love that you took the time to do this.

bornblesse2

Mar-26

JDO, I have to laugh at your couple of pictures!  They look so very much like a couple of pictures from my growing up years if you just change the faces or even just tweak them a bit!

I swear that hutch is my mothers!  And the wallpaper and couch look like ours too!  Isn’t it funny!  When I get home I will have to find my pictures!

Yeah, everyone who grew up in the 60s and 70s have those polaroid photos that all look alike - of all the "grandma" houses that all looked alike.  A blast from the past!  And those clothes.  Oh, I miss my Mom and my Ma Mathews so much!  

And those polaroids are all yellow, I know everything was not That yellow!