Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Applique clock   Show and Tell

Started Apr-11 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1121 views.
judyinohio

Apr-14

I agree that adding the weight of more paint might slow down the clock.

Could you find an inexpensive clock mechanism with white hands?  I found this artsy clock on Etsy some years ago and while it is not a precise to-the-exact-minute clock, it is good enough for my purpose in the sewing room  (As in, "Hey, it's time to think about fixing dinner."  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes)  White hands are very visible at a quick glance  IMHO.

hmm, I wonder if just putting a bit of white paint on the tips would do it?  somehow when I look at it I feel like I need to squint.  Though the black contrasts with the white star in the center, somehow they blend in with the black zigzag outside.  I also am thinking the black background is too dark.  Or maybe it's just too busy.  I need to live with it for a while.

judyinohio

Apr-14

White tips on black hands sound like an excellent idea.

it's the little things - literally littlesmiley

judyinohio

Apr-14

Well, that was a simple fix, wasn't it?   Now to see if the clock still keeps reasonably accurate time ...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-14

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

it's the little things - literally little

That works!

Oh Dee I really like that. You’re so talented!

LindaPutt

Apr-20

Now that is stunning!

Thanks Linda. I like how it looks  but it is not all that easy to tell the time. All the black lines confuse my brain, I almost have to look for the arms. Oh well. Next version I will make it less busy.

How large is the Star?  That is really pretty.  How is the new home project going?