Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What's new in the neighborhood   General Discussion

Started Apr-13 by YDritch; 814 views.
YDritch

Apr-13

Thanks, Ami.  I have hopes of getting that black/batik top to you before we move (I might be dreaming).  Would like to finish up our transactions sooner rather than later.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-13

How exciting ... but, but ... 

YDritch said:

My sewing room, sewing machines, and fabric are my biggest problem.  I just can't take it all with me and I'm facing parting with loved and cherished yardage!

Well, you're going to need to put your thinking cap on and come up with SOLUTIONS!  

LABFIEND

Apr-14

YDritch said:

I just can't take it all with me and I'm facing parting with loved and cherished yardage!  Alas, what's a girl to do?

Say it ain't so!  How about a small storage room rental? Till you can find a place to put everything!  Those gals from Phoenix need to come help you-LOL. I wish I was closer-wink!!

LABFIEND

Apr-14

On the plus side, seems like the real estate market is really hot right now, you should sell your house in no time!

YDritch

Apr-14

We're #3 on a wait list for storage at the facility;  in the meanwhile, I still just have too much stuff (never realized I have so many rulers).  

You're quite right about the real estate market now.  That's another reason that moved our relocating to the top of the list.  It's a huge undertaking for us seniors, but one I know will be the right one for us.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-14

I trust that you are making the right move for you.  Hopefully you will have room to keep your quilting essentials.  Is there anything Bob and I can do to help you?  We are very aware of what it takes to move.  Amazing how much you "collect" but don't really use.

YDritch

Apr-16

Thanks, Cathy.  We've decided to use a company that does "transitional" moves...basically packing, unpacking and setting up for us.  Of course I still have to decide what's to be packed and moved.  Our downsizing will be considerable and I'm amazed (and ashamed) to see just have much fabric and how many UFO's I actually have.  Sad to have to leave most of it behind.

judyinohio

Apr-16

Would it warm your heart to donate boxes of fabrics and supplies to a good cause that could use these treasures of yours for something worthwhile? 

Perhaps a children's hospital that has an affiliated quilting guild or an animal shelter that uses quilting as a fund raiser?  I dunno, there has to be some charity that could use your supplies to earn funds for a good cause.

I know one of your favorite charities is Casa de los Niños -- although they probably do not take fabric donations, it would be nice if they could benefit somehow.  I hate that you will have to leave so much behind!  :o(  You ladies in AZ are so smart - I know you will figure out something!  

LABFIEND

Apr-16

YDritch said:

Sad to have to leave most of it behind.

Surely some of the Phoenix gals can help you out!! I wish i was going to be out there when you move, i could help you out!!