Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Moving to South Fulton,TN   Off-Topic Chat

Started Apr-19 by viola (sissly4); 1315 views.
judyinohio

Apr-19

I looked up South Fulton, TN on Wikipedia and it will be quite a change from the big city hustle and bustle of Phoenix. It's a good thing you are taking your stash with you.

You know we can always guide you to wonderful online sources of thread and other quilty necessities.

latterberry

Apr-20

Oh, my goodness!  That is going to be quite a change for you.  You told me once, but I can't remember how long you have lived in AZ.  I'm sure it will be so hard to leave you friends and family there,  Thank goodness for the technology we have these days for keeping in touch.  I looked up South Fulton and it is about the same size as the small town I live in.  You are about an hour from Hancocks in Paducah though and that would be a great place for fabric.  In my small town we have to drive an hour to get to anything for shopping so I think nothing of it.  I know it will be quite an adjustment for you, but is sure will be nice to be close to you son and his family.

viola (sissly4)

Apr-20

I have been in Arizona for 17 years. Tucson for 6 years and 11 years in Sun City here in the Phoenix area. So you live in a small town too I thought you live in Peoria that's a pretty big town yes I'm very lucky and fortunate that I have a lots and lots of material that I don't have to go anywhere I've been to Paducah several times and it's a nice place I have also been in Jackson and they have several quilt shops there too and that's a little over on our strife it's going to be different but I'll be content in my apartment and and so and make new friends I've already got a church so I'm happy about that

viola (sissly4)

Apr-20

Yes we can get spoiled when we have everything right at the tip of our fingers I can walk to quite a few restaurants Bank grocery store you name it it's right here the hospital is right across the street from me but it's going to be much quieter where I'm going to be at I live right on a highway and it is busy 24 hours a day and a railroad track is right next to it and I hear a lot of sirens going constantly so it will be peaceful I'll get used to it I'll be content and busy and sewing and not thinking too much about it

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-21

viola (sissly4) said:

he is taking me back with my belonging To South Fulton.TN

We will miss you, Viola.  Maybe you could still make it to the retreat?  I suspected that this was going to be your news.disappointed

tuckyquilter

Apr-21

You will be just fine.  NEW ADVENTURES await you..  and thank goodness for Fabric Stash and online fabric store..

MelRN

May-6

Wowzers,Viola, that's a big change! I'm sure you'll enjoy being near your son again, tho. I wish you safe travels, and hopefully I'll see you again next year at the retreat!

Judy (DJZMOM)

May-21

Wow Viola!  I know you will take precious memories of your dear Al and his family along with special friends with you.  But knowing you, you'll be active in a new church and ministry along with new quilting friends and perhaps a quilting group closer than you think!

What a blessing to be near your son and his family!  Many children don't want their older folks nearby and risk having to care for them in their later years.  I am so glad you are not in that situation!

Be sure to stay in touch on the forum too!

viola (sissly4)

May-21

I hope my new church have some kind of group of ladies that sew. Or maybe the Lord has something else for me.It sure is going to be a differ.

judyinohio

May-21

Viola, once  you have settled in for a few months and have the "lay of the land" (so to speak)  you will know if there is a sewing group in your church.

If there is not already a sewing group in  your church you could set up a corner of your sewing room and form a small sewing circle (who is the sewing lady in the Bible ... Dorcas?) where you offer to teach people to make charity quilts.

In other words, if you do not find a sewing group, try to create one on your own.