Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help- Daughter wants Donuts   General Discussion

Started Apr-19 by Sandy in TX (Centergranny); 214 views.

I am making a first birthday quilt for our granddaughter Piper. On her 3 brothers quilts I made cupcakes on one, sundaes on another, Star sugar cookies on the last one.  My daughter asked if I could make a row of about 4-5 donuts for Piper’s.  I’d like them to be about 4 inches in diameter each, and look like real tasty donuts  .  I really could use some ideas. I’d even be willing to appliqué some if anyone has donut fabric!

I recently saw flannel donut fabric at Joanns. I got a quarter yd piece, you are welcome to some but I think they still have it. Yikes, which reminds me I owe Jonna some fabric too. Now what was it....

There is some really cute donut fabric on equilter.  They have this print in two colorways for the background - yellow like this, and a darker royal blue.  Both are very colorful, but it's a relatively large-scale print; it says the larger donuts are about 3.5 inches diameter.  But this is sure a colorful print!   

https://www.equilter.com/product/271071/this-+-that-frosted-donuts-sunny-yellow-digital-print

I made a trip to JoAnns. I guess I’m being too picky. I need bright and enough fabric around the donut to needle turn one donut. fearful